    So that every hour a different image appears.
    A bit much mayvbe, but what the hey, I do say it is an experimental gallery.
    I'll have it online tomorrow sometime.

    Richard, Feb 1, 2005

  2. In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!

    Will it be your arse rabbit?

    > Just for kicks. I'll be adding on a little time script.

    Ooh.

    > So that every hour a different image appears.
    > A bit much mayvbe, but what the hey, I do say it is an experimental gallery.

    Is it experimental in that you're using other people's code?

    > I'll have it online tomorrow sometime.

    Yeah, yeah. Yawn.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Richard

    Fat Sam Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    >> Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!

    > Will it be your arse rabbit?

    Like the Irish magician who couldn't pull a rabbit from his hat, so he
    pulled a hair from his hole?.....

    Fat Sam, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > > Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!

    > Will it be your arse rabbit?
    >

    > > Just for kicks. I'll be adding on a little time script.

    > Ooh.

    AHHHHHHH!

    > > So that every hour a different image appears.
    > > A bit much mayvbe, but what the hey, I do say it is an experimental

    gallery.

    > Is it experimental in that you're using other people's code?

    If you'll kindly note the latest version, I do give credit to Michael
    Falatine who wrote the menu script.
    And I also gave dynamicdrive.com a plug for their script as well.
    Unlike a zillion other websites who refuse to make such credits.

    Other people's codes?
    Bullshit.
    I just saw a simple time retrieval code that some idiot is trying to claim
    as his work.
    Bullshit.
    That kind of scripting is easily developed by anyone and no one person can
    lay claim to it.

    For instance, you can't claim a copyright on:
    var x=a+b.
    That's simple math which is not copyrightable.

    Anyone has the authority to write their own scripting and use it for their
    own purpose.
    Even sell if it if they wish.
    With a little more knowledge of javascript, I can write my own collapsing
    menu which looks and feels just like that one on my site, and there is not a
    damn thing any one can do about it.
    You want to talk about script stealing and that?
    Then ask Microsoft how they obtained Internet Explorer.
    By theft.
    Just as Tandy Corp. literally stole an original {BASIC} script of mine.
    How do I know this for a fact? They didn't even bother changing the
    variables or method I used. The only difference was one simple line of code
    they included.

    Yeah I'll contend some things are copyrightable, but unless you can prove
    infringement it ain't gonna matter.

    Richard, Feb 1, 2005
  5. Richard

    Oli Filth Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > Other people's codes?
    > Bullshit.
    > I just saw a simple time retrieval code that some idiot is trying to claim
    > as his work.
    > Bullshit.
    > That kind of scripting is easily developed by anyone

    except you, clearly.

    > Just as Tandy Corp. literally stole an original {BASIC} script of mine.
    > How do I know this for a fact? They didn't even bother changing the
    > variables or method I used. The only difference was one simple line of code
    > they included.

    Shit, you'd better file a lawsuit. It'd make headlines, a multinational
    electronics retailer are clearly charlatans if they need to steal code
    off an incompetent monkeyboy like you.

    --
    Oli

    Oli Filth, Feb 1, 2005
  6. In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...

    > "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > > Is it experimental in that you're using other people's code?

    > If you'll kindly note the latest version, I do give credit to Michael
    > Falatine who wrote the menu script.
    > And I also gave dynamicdrive.com a plug for their script as well.

    I bet they're chuffed.

    > I just saw a simple time retrieval code that some idiot is trying to claim
    > as his work.
    > Bullshit.
    > That kind of scripting is easily developed by anyone and no one person can
    > lay claim to it.

    Except you. Can you write your name yet?

    > For instance, you can't claim a copyright on:
    > var x=a+b.

    Actually, I could.

    > That's simple math which is not copyrightable.

    Is it? What's "var" in maths?

    > With a little more knowledge of javascript, I can write my own collapsing
    > menu which looks and feels just like that one on my site,

    Very funny.

    > and there is not a damn thing any one can do about it.

    Other than be sensible and avoid it like the plague.

    > You want to talk about script stealing and that?

    Not really. No point discussing that with a clueless gimp like you.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Feb 1, 2005
  7. Richard

    Duende Guest

    Duende, Feb 1, 2005
  8. Richard

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > Then ask Microsoft how they obtained Internet Explorer.
    > By theft.

    By licensing from Spryglass actually.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Feb 1, 2005
  9. Richard

    rf Guest

    "Duende" <> wrote
    > While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:
    >
    > > Just as Tandy Corp. literally stole an original {BASIC} script of mine.

    > How did they get it?

    Why did they keep it?

    rf, Feb 1, 2005
  10. Richard wrote:

    > For instance, you can't claim a copyright on:
    > var x=a+b.
    > That's simple math which is not copyrightable.

    var e=mc²

    Yup. Simple math. Not copyrightable.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 2, 2005
  11. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "Duende" <> wrote in message
    > While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:
    >
    > > Just as Tandy Corp. literally stole an original {BASIC} script of mine.

    > How did they get it?

    I was working on the program at a radio shack store when a salesman came in.
    He must have seen the program running on the machine and took it.
    As I said, my work showed up in the next months tandy magazine with but only
    one minor change, the rest was clearly copied verbatim.
    Not that what I was doing could not have been easily duplicated by others.
    All I was doing was simply relocating the solid cursor block and replacing
    the old one with a space character.
    When the cursor position was greater than or less than the window size, I
    changed direction.

    Richard, Feb 2, 2005
  12. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "Toby Inkster" <> wrote in message
    > Richard wrote:
    >
    > > Then ask Microsoft how they obtained Internet Explorer.
    > > By theft.

    > By licensing from Spryglass actually.

    Only after a court battle.

    Richard, Feb 2, 2005
  13. Richard

    rf Guest

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote

    The famous scientist:
    > var e=mc²

    His agent:

    rf, Feb 2, 2005
  14. Richard

    rf Guest

    "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote

    > I was working on the program at a radio shack store when a salesman came

    in.
    > He must have seen the program running on the machine and took it.

    His store. His computer. His software. End of story.

    rf, Feb 2, 2005
  15. Richard

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

    > When the cursor position was greater than or less than the window size, I
    > changed direction.

    Interesting concept. Kinda cool really.

    --
    D?
    http://wipkip.biz

    Duende, Feb 2, 2005
  16. In article <>,
    "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:

    > Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!

    Wouldn't it be more interesting if you pulled a hat out of your rabbit?

    Robert Morien, Feb 2, 2005
  17. rf wrote:
    > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote
    >
    >> I was working on the program at a radio shack store when a salesman
    >> came in. He must have seen the program running on the machine and
    >> took it.

    > His store. His computer. His software. End of story.

    And by the same standard, the owner of the cafe in which J.K. Rowling
    wrote Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone can sue for copyright
    infringement. His store. His table. His napkins. End of story.

    Leif K-Brooks, Feb 2, 2005
  18. Richard

    rf Guest

    "Leif K-Brooks" <> wrote
    > rf wrote:
    > > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote
    > >
    > >> I was working on the program at a radio shack store when a salesman
    > >> came in. He must have seen the program running on the machine and
    > >> took it.

    > > His store. His computer. His software. End of story.

    > And by the same standard, the owner of the cafe in which J.K. Rowling
    > wrote Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone can sue for copyright
    > infringement. His store. His table. His napkins. End of story.

    Not necessarily.

    It really depends why RtS was in their store using their computers.

    If (&deity; forbid) he was an employee of said store then anything at all
    the he produced using their computers, whilst in the employ of the store, is
    copyright by the owner of the store. This is how businesses that employ
    programmers work. You work in my store, you produce some software in my
    store using my equipment, I own the copyright to that software.

    On the other hand if RtS was not in the employ of the store then why was he
    using their computer? If he had rented the use of the computer then yes, any
    work he produced would be owned by him. IIRC though tandy don't rent their
    storefront computers out to passersby.

    If he did not rent the use of the computer then why was he using it? If he
    just wandered by and started programming their computer then they would be
    quite within their rights to eject him and to confiscate any work he might
    have done. The fact that said work was fit to publish in (my &deity) a tandy
    newsletter is immaterial. The work was done on equipment without the concent
    of the owners of said equipment. All copyright matters are forfiet under,
    probably, a civil matter of misuse of somebodys equipment.

    I know something of these things. I have produced my own software (after
    hours) whilst in the employ of somebody else, using their equipment. To
    cover everybodys arse I had my distributor enter into an agreement with the
    somebody else wherein they recieved, free of charge, unlimited copies of the
    software for their own use. We signed an agreement on this. In effect I was
    "renting" their equipment. Everybody was happy. I made quite a lot of money
    out of that program.

    It is nothing at all like sitting at a table in a cafe writing on a napkin.
    When you buy a coffee you get a napkin with it. You effectively own the
    napkin. If Ms Rowling were to sneak into the office and furiously type on
    the shops computer then who knows :)

    Then again IANAL. I contract otheres to sort out the fine details.

    rf, Feb 2, 2005
  19. While the city slept, Richard (Anonymous@127.001) feverishly typed...

    > Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!

    Maybe before you start running, you should try walking. In your thread
    "Finally online as wanted" I replied to show that the page still does not
    work without javascript but you have not replied, nor fixed your code. Why
    do you insist on excluding users without javascript available, despite
    having been shown suitable solutions to this? Why don't you fix that and
    make your page functional before adding fairly useless "time scripts"?

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss