    And we were in blissfull exstacy in a world of correctness and values and
    respect and decency once more.

    :)
    Paul, Mar 24, 2011

  2. Paul

    akssoon Guest

    Due to a general interest in C++ I've been an observer of this
    particular newsgroup for some time now and I think that this is the
    perfect time to ask for something that I only know from the German
    Usenet. The original German name for *it* is "Merkbefreiung". This
    would to the best of my knowledge translate to something like
    "Exemption from noticing *ANYTHING*" (If this already exists in
    English please share the info).

    Let me explain :p

    It's basically a made up ASCII form which is presented to someone who
    has repeatedly shown disruptive, insulting and trolling behavior and
    is used to accomplish two things.

    1) Inform that person that from now on he's exempted from noticing
    *ANYTHING* in this newsgroup any more.
    2) Inform the rest of the newsgroup to *PLONK*/killfile/aggressivly
    ignore that person.

    Sadly my German -> English translation skills are too poor to retain
    all the subtle jokes contained in that form so I won't even try. But
    my question remains:

    Is it appropriate to suggest something like that now after all what
    happened?

    Sincerely yours
    Arun
    akssoon, Mar 24, 2011

  3. On 24 mar, 16:53, cg_chas <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:12:37 +0000, Leigh Johnston <> wrote:
    > >On 24/03/2011 15:05, Paul wrote:

    If you cannot refrain yourself from answering, could you all please
    keep such demeaning comments to private conversation ?

    The group doesn't need to witness your exchange and none of the
    protagonists comes out greater from it.

    --
    Michael
    Michael Doubez, Mar 24, 2011
  4. Paul

    Noah Roberts Guest

    On 3/24/2011 8:53 AM, cg_chas wrote:
    > On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:12:37 +0000, Leigh Johnston<> wrote:
    >
    >> On 24/03/2011 15:05, Paul wrote:

    Paul is already in my killfile as a troll.

    Leigh is already in my killfile for doing nothing but feed the troll.

    You're going to join them soon if you don't stop. You and the rest of
    the twits filling this newsgroup with troll shit and thread after thread
    of new replies... if your sole purpose here is to feed the Paul troll
    and fill this newsgroup with noise I've got no use for you.

    --
    http://crazycpp.wordpress.com
    Noah Roberts, Mar 24, 2011