Android app "closing"

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

When an Android app is closed the OS keeps a record of its state so it
can be restared quickly.
How do I tell it that when an app is closed it should really be closed
and all variables wiped?

Lew

Dirk said:
When an Android app is closed the OS keeps a record of its state so it can be
restared quickly.
How do I tell it that when an app is closed it should really be closed and all
variables wiped?

Can't the app reset its own state as part of its own internal shutdown process?

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Can't the app reset its own state as part of its own internal shutdown
process?
Er... maybe.
That's what I'm asking about.
I'm not even sure what to call the process (of the app not really
shutting down)