    --
    Dirk

    http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology
    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax, Apr 12, 2011

  2. Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

    Lew Guest

    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:
    > When an Android app is closed the OS keeps a record of its state so it can be
    > restared quickly.
    > How do I tell it that when an app is closed it should really be closed and all
    > variables wiped?

    Can't the app reset its own state as part of its own internal shutdown process?

    --
    Lew
    P.S. Why do you set a "reply-to"? Just post!
    Lew, Apr 12, 2011

  3. On 12/04/2011 12:27, Lew wrote:
    > Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:
    >> When an Android app is closed the OS keeps a record of its state so it
    >> can be
    >> restared quickly.
    >> How do I tell it that when an app is closed it should really be closed
    >> and all
    >> variables wiped?

    > Can't the app reset its own state as part of its own internal shutdown
    > process?

    Er... maybe.
    That's what I'm asking about.
    I'm not even sure what to call the process (of the app not really
    shutting down)

    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax, Apr 12, 2011
  4. On 12/04/2011 12:39, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:
    > On 12/04/2011 12:27, Lew wrote:
    >> Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:
    >>> When an Android app is closed the OS keeps a record of its state so it
    >>> can be
    >>> restared quickly.
    >>> How do I tell it that when an app is closed it should really be closed
    >>> and all
    >>> variables wiped?

    >> Can't the app reset its own state as part of its own internal shutdown
    >> process?
    >>

    > Er... maybe.
    > That's what I'm asking about.
    > I'm not even sure what to call the process (of the app not really
    > shutting down)

    Just found something:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2092951/how-to-close-android-application

    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax, Apr 12, 2011