    welcome here. : )

    Any suggestions?

    Thx!

    Noozer, Sep 29, 2004

  2. Noozer

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Noozer wrote:

    > I'd attach a static example of what I'm looking for, but binaries aren't
    > welcome here. : )

    then give us an url.

    --
    Jan

    http://213.47.90.11

    Jan Faerber, Sep 29, 2004

  3. Noozer

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Noozer wrote:

    > I'm trying to find a background tile image for a small webpage I have
    > here... I'm hoping to find something animated that resembles shallow clear
    > ocean water.

    Most browsers do not support animated background images.

    Besides which, it would make all your visitors get up and go to the toilet.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Noozer

    Mitja Guest

    Noozer wrote:
    > Not having any luck with Google...
    >
    > I'm trying to find a background tile image for a small
    > webpage I have here... I'm hoping to find something
    > animated that resembles shallow clear ocean water.

    Hm... animated backgrounds are not exactly widely supported. Wich is just as well, to tell you the truth - ever tried to read
    something superimposed over a moving picture? That's why subtitles in the movies are so big...

    You _could_ probably have a sequence of static images, though. Change them rapidly enough comining JS and CSS, and voila... Now the
    only thing you're missing is a passing background sound, like the sound of waves crashing on the beaches of Bahamas, or the sound of
    flushing a toilet, or something. Don't forget to include some JS hich trails small water-themed pictures (e.g. small waves) behind
    the mouse cursor. And of course, not to be missed in the collection, is the eternal Java water ripple effect for your site's logo.
    One last thing: if your background is bluish color, go in style and wrap every single paragraph in <font color=blue></font>.

    [And please don't take this last paragraph personally :)]

    Mitja, Sep 29, 2004
  5. Noozer

    Noozer Guest

    Noozer, Sep 29, 2004
  6. Noozer

    > Noozer wrote:
    >
    > > I'm trying to find a background tile image for a small webpage I have
    > > here... I'm hoping to find something animated that resembles shallow

    clear
    > > ocean water.

    > Most browsers do not support animated background images.

    My browser does

    > Besides which, it would make all your visitors get up and go to the

    toilet.

    But I'd be the only user...

    .... so don't tell me why I shouldn't do it, or how I shouldn't do it.

    Noozer, Sep 29, 2004
  7. Noozer

    Noozer Guest

    "Mitja" <> wrote in message
    > Noozer wrote:
    > > Not having any luck with Google...
    > >
    > > I'm trying to find a background tile image for a small
    > > webpage I have here... I'm hoping to find something
    > > animated that resembles shallow clear ocean water.

    > Hm... animated backgrounds are not exactly widely supported. Wich is just

    as well, to tell you the truth - ever tried to read
    > something superimposed over a moving picture? That's why subtitles in the

    movies are so big...

    Just need to support one browser, as there is only one user. The longest
    sentence on the page is two words and the text is already 18 point with a
    solid colour background.

    Thx

    Noozer, Sep 29, 2004
  8. Noozer

    Noozer Guest

    "Jan Faerber" <> wrote in message
    > Noozer wrote:
    >
    > > I'd attach a static example of what I'm looking for, but binaries aren't
    > > welcome here. : )

    > then give us an url.

    http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview...g2F2A246F-719A-4924-98953F9349BBB178Large.jpg

    Is close basically what I'm looking for, but with animated light
    reflections... It doesn't have to be this elaborate.

    I'll probably end up just knocking something out of Corel Draw when I have
    time... I was just hoping I could find something ready made.

    Thx!

    Noozer, Sep 29, 2004
  9. Noozer

    Sam Hughes Guest

    "Noozer" <> wrote in news:pEG6d.140824$%S.67095@pd7tw2no:

    > "Toby Inkster" <> wrote in message
    >> Besides which, it would make all your visitors get up and go to the

    > toilet.
    >
    > But I'd be the only user...
    >
    > ... so don't tell me why I shouldn't do it, or how I shouldn't do it.

    Why not?

    Sam Hughes, Sep 30, 2004
  10. Noozer

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:26:55 GMT, Noozer <> declared in
    alt.html:

    > But I'd be the only user...

    Then you should have said so.

    > ... so don't tell me why I shouldn't do it, or how I shouldn't do it.

    This is Usenet, not a helpdesk.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Sep 30, 2004
  11. Noozer

    Tabasco1 Guest

    "Noozer" <> wrote in message

    > "Mitja" <> wrote in message
    >> Noozer wrote:
    >> > Not having any luck with Google...
    >> >
    >> > I'm trying to find a background tile image for a small
    >> > webpage I have here... I'm hoping to find something
    >> > animated that resembles shallow clear ocean water.

    >> Hm... animated backgrounds are not exactly widely supported. Wich is just

    > as well, to tell you the truth - ever tried to read
    >> something superimposed over a moving picture? That's why subtitles in the

    > movies are so big...
    >
    > Just need to support one browser, as there is only one user. The longest
    > sentence on the page is two words and the text is already 18 point with a
    > solid colour background.
    >
    > Thx

    Take a look here for your answer http://www.tcpslaship.com/Untitled-1.htm.
    Of course you will need to convert the idea to water....

    Charles
    Torrance, California
    http://www.tcpslashipdomains.com Now accepting PayPal!
    http://www.tcpslaship.com under construction

    Tabasco1, Sep 30, 2004
  12. Noozer

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Mitja wrote:

    > Hm... animated backgrounds are not exactly widely supported. Wich is just as well, to tell you the truth - ever tried to read

    Yes they are... you just have to think laterally. Place a DIV that is
    sized 100% x 100%, stick your animated GIF in it, place your content in
    another DIV over the top of it. All browsers that support CSS will
    happily display the animation - which is pretty much all browsers.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Sep 30, 2004
  13. Noozer

    Mitja Guest

    SpaceGirl wrote:
    > Mitja wrote:
    >
    >> Hm... animated backgrounds are not exactly widely
    >> supported. Wich is just as well, to tell you the truth -
    >> ever tried to read

    > Yes they are... you just have to think laterally. Place a
    > DIV that is sized 100% x 100%, stick your animated GIF in
    > it, place your content in another DIV over the top of it.

    I've been thinking alog these lines, but couldn't see how to imitate the tiled background OP requested. (Well, obviously a whole
    bunch of img tags within that div _is_ a workaround, but not one I'd be eager to implement...)

    Mitja, Sep 30, 2004
  14. Noozer

    bobtegner

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Deep sea animated background tile available

    I have been working on a practical "water motion" background tile for over five years, and am making progress in that area. It's been a deep
    (pun intended) challenge

    I've managed to reduce something I animated that started at a meg and a half down to 62K, that loads as a seamless background tile in 1.5 seconds at 56K and 1 second on DSL or cable.

    Email me at bobtegneratyahoo.com, and I will link you to the tile.

    Have a cybernetic day, bobtegner

    bobtegner, Apr 4, 2009
  15. Noozer

    bobtegner

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Many deep sea BG tiles available + animated.

    Dear dood!

    I have several underwater background tiles, and have created an animated GIF version that is seamless. It's the best available, worldwide, so far.
    It's totally free, because I have dedicated it to the Public Domain.

    Email me at bobtegnerATyahoo.com for links to a large collection.

    Sincerely, bobtegner.

    PS- This is my second and last attempt to help you out.

    bobtegner, Apr 18, 2009