Animated water background tile?

Noozer

Not having any luck with Google...

I'm trying to find a background tile image for a small webpage I have
here... I'm hoping to find something animated that resembles shallow clear
ocean water. Basically what you'd see if you looked down while standing in
about 12" of water on a white beach in the Bahamas...

I'd attach a static example of what I'm looking for, but binaries aren't
welcome here. : )

Any suggestions?

Thx!

Toby Inkster

Noozer said:
I'm trying to find a background tile image for a small webpage I have
here... I'm hoping to find something animated that resembles shallow clear
ocean water.

Most browsers do not support animated background images.

Besides which, it would make all your visitors get up and go to the toilet.

Mitja

Noozer said:
Not having any luck with Google...

I'm trying to find a background tile image for a small
webpage I have here... I'm hoping to find something
animated that resembles shallow clear ocean water.

Hm... animated backgrounds are not exactly widely supported. Wich is just as well, to tell you the truth - ever tried to read
something superimposed over a moving picture? That's why subtitles in the movies are so big...

You _could_ probably have a sequence of static images, though. Change them rapidly enough comining JS and CSS, and voila... Now the
only thing you're missing is a passing background sound, like the sound of waves crashing on the beaches of Bahamas, or the sound of
flushing a toilet, or something. Don't forget to include some JS hich trails small water-themed pictures (e.g. small waves) behind
the mouse cursor. And of course, not to be missed in the collection, is the eternal Java water ripple effect for your site's logo.
One last thing: if your background is bluish color, go in style and wrap every single paragraph in <font color=blue></font>.

[And please don't take this last paragraph personally :)]

Noozer

Toby Inkster said:
Most browsers do not support animated background images.

My browser does
Besides which, it would make all your visitors get up and go to the
toilet.

But I'd be the only user...

.... so don't tell me why I shouldn't do it, or how I shouldn't do it.

Noozer

Mitja said:
Hm... animated backgrounds are not exactly widely supported. Wich is just
as well, to tell you the truth - ever tried to read
something superimposed over a moving picture? That's why subtitles in the
movies are so big...

Just need to support one browser, as there is only one user. The longest
sentence on the page is two words and the text is already 18 point with a
solid colour background.

Thx

Tabasco1

Noozer said:
as well, to tell you the truth - ever tried to read
movies are so big...

Just need to support one browser, as there is only one user. The longest
sentence on the page is two words and the text is already 18 point with a
solid colour background.

Thx
Take a look here for your answer http://www.tcpslaship.com/Untitled-1.htm.
Of course you will need to convert the idea to water....

Charles
Torrance, California
http://www.tcpslashipdomains.com Now accepting PayPal!
http://www.tcpslaship.com under construction

SpaceGirl

Mitja said:
Hm... animated backgrounds are not exactly widely supported. Wich is just as well, to tell you the truth - ever tried to read

Yes they are... you just have to think laterally. Place a DIV that is
sized 100% x 100%, stick your animated GIF in it, place your content in
another DIV over the top of it. All browsers that support CSS will
happily display the animation - which is pretty much all browsers.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Mitja

Yes they are... you just have to think laterally. Place a
DIV that is sized 100% x 100%, stick your animated GIF in
it, place your content in another DIV over the top of it.

I've been thinking alog these lines, but couldn't see how to imitate the tiled background OP requested. (Well, obviously a whole
bunch of img tags within that div _is_ a workaround, but not one I'd be eager to implement...)

Joined
Apr 4, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Deep sea animated background tile available

I have been working on a practical "water motion" background tile for over five years, and am making progress in that area. It's been a deep
(pun intended) challenge

I've managed to reduce something I animated that started at a meg and a half down to 62K, that loads as a seamless background tile in 1.5 seconds at 56K and 1 second on DSL or cable.

Email me at bobtegneratyahoo.com, and I will link you to the tile.

Have a cybernetic day, bobtegner

Joined
Apr 4, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Many deep sea BG tiles available + animated.

Dear dood!

I have several underwater background tiles, and have created an animated GIF version that is seamless. It's the best available, worldwide, so far.
It's totally free, because I have dedicated it to the Public Domain.

Email me at bobtegnerATyahoo.com for links to a large collection.

Sincerely, bobtegner.

PS- This is my second and last attempt to help you out.