[ANN] AllInOneRuby 0.2.3

Erik Veenstra

I just released version 0.2.3 of AllInOneRuby.

AllInOneRuby creates a compressed executable for Windows, Linux
or Mac OS X (Darwin) that includes both the Ruby interpreter
and the runtime libraries. Why? Because it's sometimes not
easy, or possible, or desirable, or allowed to do a complete
Ruby installation. That's where AllInOneRuby comes in. I always
have a USB-memory stick with AllInOneRuby in my pocket.

A "just-in-time and temporary installation of Ruby"...

More information and download on:
http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/allinoneruby/index.html

gegroet,
Erik V.

Major changes:

* Updated to FreePascal 1.9.8 on Windows, 2.0.0 on Linux and
1.9.5 on Darwin.

* The exit code of your script is returned to the calling
application/shell.

* Made some information about the environment EEE sets up
available to the application, e.g. executable name.

M. Eteum

Erik said:
[...]

Nice, what modules included in the built?

Thanks.

Erik Veenstra

I just released version 0.2.3 of AllInOneRuby.
Nice, what modules included in the built?

All subdirectories in the directory Config::CONFIG["libdir"]
that are part of Config::CONFIG["rubylibdir"] are recursively
embedded. So are the dll's (determined recursively in the
directory Config::CONFIG["bindir"]) of the so's it encounters.

In simple words: All libraries that come with Ruby itself.

See [1].

gegroet,
Erik V. (http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/)

[1] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/allinoneruby/index.html#2..Internals

Phil Tomson

I just released version 0.2.3 of AllInOneRuby.

Major changes:

* Updated to FreePascal 1.9.8 on Windows, 2.0.0 on Linux and
1.9.5 on Darwin.

So you used FreePascal to write AllInOneRuby?

Phil

Erik Veenstra

I just released version 0.2.3 of AllInOneRuby.
So you used FreePascal to write AllInOneRuby?

Shocked?...

EEE [1, 2] is a little Pascal program that packs and compresses
all necessary files. It had to be written in a language that
could be compiled and linked into an exe-file. Ruby wasn't an
option. I use FreePascal (1.9.8 on Windows, 2.0.0 on Linux and
1.9.5 on Darwin).

gegroet,
Erik V. (http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/)

[1] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html#2.2..EEE
[1] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/eee/index.html

Xeno Campanoli

Say, my ISP, Eskimo.com, is decidedly not into installing new software
(He's got Perl 4 and Python from 1995) so I was wondering about
installing AllinoneRuby. But he's running SunOS on his shell machine.
No, not even Solaris apparently: uname -a yields:

SunOS eskimo 4.1.4 1 sun4m

so I'm open to suggestions. For now I'm brushing up on my Python.

xc