[ANN] AllInOneRuby 0.2.5

Erik Veenstra

I just released AllInOneRuby 0.2.5.

As you know, Ruby has to be installed, either by unzipping a
ZIP-file, or by running an installer. Only then, you can run a
script. Well, not anymore!

AllInOneRuby creates a compressed executable for Windows, Linux
or Mac OS X (Darwin) that includes both the Ruby interpreter
and the runtime libraries. Why? Because it's sometimes not
easy, or possible, or desirable, or allowed to do a complete
Ruby installation. That's where AllInOneRuby comes in. I always
have a USB-memory stick with AllInOneRuby in my pocket.

A "just-in-time and temporary installation of Ruby"...

More information and download on:
http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/allinoneruby/index.html

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/

Only one change:

* Fixed a bug concerning --site handling.

Joe Van Dyk

I just released AllInOneRuby 0.2.5.
=20
[...]

Wow, very cool.

If I need a couple of Tk extensions to be used with a Ruby
application, how could I modify AllInOneRuby to do that?

Erik Veenstra

AllInOneRuby creates a compressed executable for Windows,
Wow, very cool.

If I need a couple of Tk extensions to be used with a Ruby
application, how could I modify AllInOneRuby to do that?

RubyScript2Exe [1] and AllInOneRuby [2] are very similar.
RubyScript2Exe has experimental support for TK, but
AllInOneRuby hasn't. So, you might try to copy and adjust the
block of code involved with TK handling from RubyScript2Exe to
AllInOneRuby.

[1] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html
[2] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/allinoneruby/index.html