ANN: Chandler 0.7.2

Heikki Toivonen

The Chandler Project is pleased to announce the 0.7.2 release of
Chandler Desktop!

Download links, information on mailing lists, and how to get the sources
are available from the homepage[1].

The 0.7.2 release is the second in a series of quick, time-based
releases since Chandler Preview 0.7.0.1 intended to respond to the
feedback we received from 0.7.0.1 and continue to receive from these
quick releases.

0.7.2 fixes over 80 bugs and includes some major improvements:

* Dashboard: Following up on users logged bugs and remarks, we
improved the Dashboard display of the Who column and made it work more
in sync with the other columns. We also changed how the triage status
cycles.
* Support for Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon: We’re now using wxPython 2.8.6.0
which fixes crashes reported by several users of Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon.
This fixes Bug #10906.
* New version of PyLucene: Chandler’s PyLucene is not using gcj
anymore, but rather our own home brew jcc. This fixes Bug #10803 among
others.
* Auto fill for common email providers: Account settings now fill
automatically for the most common email providers. Just type your email
address and if the provider is recognized, most of the settings will be
filled out automatically.
* Chandler-on-a-stick, a.k.a. “Portable Chandlerâ€: Though not built
automatically and available for download, it is now possible to build a
relocatable distribution of Chandler that can be stored on, and run from
a removable device such as a USB memory stick or an iPod.
* Getting ready for l10n (localization): Chandler Desktop 0.7.2 is
not completely ready for localizers yet (still a handful of bugs to fix;
this will happen in 0.7.3) but we solved a significant set of issues
that will make the localization process much easier.

For a more complete list of bug fixes and known issues, please visit our
Release Notes[2].

Thanks for your interest in Chandler Desktop!

[1] http://chandlerproject.org/
[2] http://chandlerproject.org/Projects/ReleaseNotes