[ANN] Copland 0.4.0 "Rodeo"

Jamis Buck

Copland is an "Inversion of Control" (IoC), or "Dependency Injection"
container for Ruby.

http://copland.rubyforge.org

Version 0.4.0 is mostly a maintainence release. It adds a lot of new
documentation and a few more tutorials, but fixes a few minor bugs and
adds a few minor features.

Mostly, I'm just making this release because I haven't made one for
Copland in a while and there were changes that had been sitting in CVS.
So, here you go.

"Rodeo". Yee-haw!

--
Jamis Buck
(e-mail address removed)

David Heinemeier Hansson

Copland is an "Inversion of Control" (IoC), or "Dependency Injection"
container for Ruby.

http://copland.rubyforge.org

Version 0.4.0 is mostly a maintainence release. It adds a lot of new
documentation and a few more tutorials, but fixes a few minor bugs and
adds a few minor features.

Mostly, I'm just making this release because I haven't made one for
Copland in a while and there were changes that had been sitting in
CVS. So, here you go.

Congratulations on the release. You do a good job of documenting
everything. I wonder with what lures I can attract your talent to the
Rails project ;).
--
David Heinemeier Hansson,
http://www.instiki.org/ -- A No-Step-Three Wiki in Ruby

Jamis Buck

David said:
Congratulations on the release. You do a good job of documenting
everything. I wonder with what lures I can attract your talent to the
Rails project ;).

Flattery'll get you nowhere. :)

Thanks. I'm glad you appreciate the documentation, because it's been a
bear to write. Not that there's a ton of it, but as the developer of the
software it is hard to distance myself from it sufficiently to write
anything that is understandable by someone unfamiliar with the project.
I'm sure we've all been there.

--
Jamis Buck
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.jamisbuck.org/jamis

why the lucky stiff

Jamis said:
Version 0.4.0 is mostly a maintainence release. It adds a lot of new
documentation and a few more tutorials, but fixes a few minor bugs and
adds a few minor features.

Yeah, you've done an incredible job documenting. It's all nice and
clean. Capital job on all your endeavors lately, Jamis. You are paving
highways.

Thanks for using YAML so much. It's really motivating.

_why

Jamis Buck

why said:
Yeah, you've done an incredible job documenting. It's all nice and
clean. Capital job on all your endeavors lately, Jamis. You are paving
highways.

Thanks, _why. That's very kind of you to say. Not to turn this into a
love-fest or anything, but your Poignant Guide was the inspiration for
my Copland docs (at least, for their formatting and construction). It's
a great way to use YAML.
Thanks for using YAML so much. It's really motivating.

Thank YOU for the YAML routines! It's an invaluable addition to the
standard library. I've lately been trying to adopt YAML at work, as a
replacement for 99% of our XML usage, but its tough... we use Java, and
without a decent YAML parser for Java, the applications for YAML are
limited to utility scripts that I've written in Ruby.

[off topic] Anyone know of a decent (read: on a par with syck) YAML
parser for Java?