[ANN] drawr 1.0.1 Released

Aaron Patterson

drawr version 1.0.1 has been released!

* <http://seattlerb.org/>

This is a ruby wrapper around Plotr with a similar API to Gruff. You can
create graphs with a similar interface to Gruff, but offload the rendering
to the browser!

## FEATURES/PROBLEMS:

* Needs more tests!

## SYNOPSIS:

An example in rails. Your controller:

class GraphController < ApplicationController
def index
@drawr = Drawr::pie.new
@drawr.title = "Twan"
@drawr.data("One", [1])
@drawr.data('Two', [2])
@drawr.data('Three', [2])
@drawr.data('Four', [10])
@drawr.data('Five', [6])
end
end

Your view:

<head>
<%= javascript_include_tag 'prototype' %>
<%= javascript_include_tag 'excanvas' %>
<%= javascript_include_tag 'Plotr' %>
</head>
<%= @drawr %>

Changes:

## 1.0.1 / 2007-06-24

* 1 minor enhancement
* Updated documentation

* <http://seattlerb.org/>

benjohn

drawr version 1.0.1 has been released!
* <http://seattlerb.org/>

This is a ruby wrapper around Plotr with a similar API to Gruff. You
can
create graphs with a similar interface to Gruff, but offload the
rendering
to the browser!

Hi Aaron, I can't find anything about drawr on that page you've posted
(by doing a search for drawr) - I'm missing something?

Any thoughts about exposing a drawing interface, as well as the charting
interface?

Cheers,
Benjohn

Aaron Patterson

Hi Aaron, I can't find anything about drawr on that page you've posted
(by doing a search for drawr) - I'm missing something?

Ya, we haven't posted the rdoc for it yet. Just download the gem and
check out the RDoc. ;-)
Any thoughts about exposing a drawing interface, as well as the charting
interface?

I haven't thought of doing that yet, but I'll look in to how difficult
that will be.