ANN: eric3 3.7.1 available

Detlev Offenbach

Hi,

I am proud to announce the availability of eric3 3.7.1. This is a bug fix
release which fixes a severe bug next to some normal ones.

NOTE: Everybody using 3.7.0 or 3.6.x should upgrade.

It is available via http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html.

What is it?
-----------
Eric3 is a Python and Ruby IDE with all batteries included. Please see
a.m. website for more details.

Regards,
Detlev

Felipe Malta de Oliveira

I guess I am too dense...I have Eric 3.7 installed here but don't
see any way to edit ruby files with it...I only see Python
options and the Python interactive shell...Could someone help me
out here? Thanks!

Felipe

Richard Dale

Felipe said:
I guess I am too dense...I have Eric 3.7 installed here but don't
see any way to edit ruby files with it...I only see Python
options and the Python interactive shell...Could someone help me
out here? Thanks!
You need the latest PyQt, PyKDE, SIP and QScintilla versions. I have
PyQt-x11-gpl-3.14.1, PyKDE-snapshot20050316, sip-4.2.1 and
qscintilla-1.62-gpl-1.5.1 and it works fine.

The version of the PyQt/PyKDE/sip bindings in the KDE 3.4 kdebindings module
don't work as they don't have support for ruby in QScintilla. That should
be fixed for the KDE 3.5 release in a month or two.

-- Richard