[ANN] Last news from Python FOSDEM 2014

Discussion in 'Python' started by Stéphane Wirtel, Jan 30, 2014.

  1. Python @ FOSDEM 2014
    ####################

    Hi all,

    Last news about the Python devroom at FOSDEM 2014 [1]

    Schedule
    ========

    There is a last change in the schedule, "PyPy: a fast Python Virtual
    Machine"
    will replace "Web Scraping 101 in Python". Yasoob can't be present in
    Belgium :/

    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
    | TimeSlot | Talk
    | Speaker |
    +==========+==============================================================+======================+
    | 09:00 | Logic Programming in Python
    | Pierre Carbonnelle |
    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
    | 09:30 | Introduction to py.test fixtures
    | Floris Bruynooghe |
    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
    | 10:00 | openpyxl
    | Eric Gazoni |
    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
    | 10:30 | Introducing the Eve REST API Framework
    | Nicola Iarocci |
    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
    | 11:00 | Stack switching for fun and profit
    | Saúl Ibarra Corretgé |
    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
    | 11:30 | SQLAlchemy Drill
    | Erik Janssens |
    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
    | 12:00 | Some recipes with Alembic
    | Claude Huchet |
    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
    | 12:30 | Post-mortem Debugging and Web Development
    | Alessandro Molina |
    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
    | 14:00 | The next generation Python Software Foundation (PSF)
    | Marc-Andre Lemburg |
    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
    | 14:30 | How PyPy makes your code run fast
    | Romain Guillebert |
    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
    | 15:00 | Using All These Cores: Transactional Memory under the hood
    | Armin Rigo |
    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
    | 15:30 | A deep dive into PEP3156, the new asyncio module
    | Saúl Ibarra Corretgé |
    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
    | 16:00 | Concurrent pr ogramming with Python and my little
    experiment | Benoit Chesneau |
    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
    | 16:30 | Integrating Python and C using CFFI
    | Floris Bruynooghe |
    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
    | 17:00 | PyPy : a fast Python Virtual Machine
    | Romain Guillebert |
    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
    | 17:30 | Generators, or how to step to the infinite and beyond
    | Andrea Crotti |
    +----------+--------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+

    Sponsors
    ========

    We are glad to announce you that we have a lot of awesome sponsors for
    the
    event.

    Gold
    ----

    Affinitic
    Built on expertise achieved over more than 10 years in the
    development and
    implementation of web solutions Affinitic is your ideal partner
    through every
    stage of your project: from its conception and analysis to its
    final
    implementation, not forgetting vital training support.The

    strength competence, quality and safety of our developments are
    based on our
    skill in the domain of open source software and our active presence
    in
    communities of developers.

    http://www.affinitic.be

    Python Software Foundation
    The Python Software Foundation (PSF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit
    corporation that
    holds the intellectual property rights behind the Python
    programming language.
    We manage the open source licensing for Python version 2.1 and
    later and own and
    protect the trademarks associated with Python.We also run the North
    Ameri

    can PyCon conference annually, support other Python conferences
    around the
    world, and fund Python related development with our grants program
    and by
    funding special projects.

    http://www.python.org/psf

    Silver
    ------

    Github
    GitHub is the best way to build software together.Whether it's your
    company's
    app, your favorite open source library, or a weekend side project,
    GitHub helps
    everyone work together better by providing tools for easier
    collaboration and
    code sharing.Catch up on what happened while you were out or ask
    for help on a
    tricky chunk of code.Manage and contribute to projects from all
    your devices.The
    best part is you can keep using all of your favorite tools.Start
    collaborating
    on code today—open source project hosting is free!

    http://github.com

    AFPy
    L'association "A.F.P.Y.", Association Francophone Python, a pour
    but la
    vulgarisation auprès d'un public francophone du langage de
    programmation python
    et de ses applications.

    http://www.afpy.org

    Eyepea
    Open Source VoIP System Integrator.
    Eyepea is a VoIP (Voice over IP) system integrator building
    solutions around Open Source
    platforms such as Asterisk, sipX, OpenSIPS etc.

    http://www.eyepea.eu

    Friday Beer Event
    =================

    While coming over to Brussels to attend FOSDEM, don't miss this great
    opportunity to taste some of the finest beer in Belgium (and hence in
    the
    world).

    Further information about the Friday Beer Event [2]

    Dinner
    ======

    The next *Aperos Python Belgium* [3] will take place on saturday,
    February 1st in
    Brussels, during the FOSDEM conference that take place at ULB from 1st
    to 2nd
    February.

    In addition to the regulars or AFPyro , we are also pleased to meet the
    attendees
    of FOSDEM [1] using Python.

    As usual, you can come just for drinking and sharing one (or many)
    drinks or if
    you wish, you can also register for the meal that follows, in a near
    place, at
    *Chez Léon* for 20:30, rue des Bouchers 18, B-1000 Brussels.

    Meeting from 18:45, on first floor of Delirium cafe, Impasse De La
    Fidélité 4, 1000
    Brussels.

    If you are a FOSDEM attendee, you can meet us at the Python stand, 1st
    floor of K Building,
    from 18h to go to Delirium cafe together.

    Please sign up in order to book the place:
    http://doodle.com/mn3yck6n3xxidsim

    Further information about the next AFPyros in Belgium: *Aperos Python
    Belgium* [3]

    Stand
    =====

    This edition will have a stand for the Python Community.
    There will be the Python Software Foundation, the Association
    Francophone of
    Python and the goodies.

    It's the opportunity to support the Python Community!

    Goodies
    =======

    This year, you will have the opportunities to buy a t-shirt, a mug of
    the event.
    Some stickers will be available of your laptop ;-)

    Please, share this post !

    You can follow us via our Twitter account [4].

    Stephane Wirtel for Python-FOSDEM [5], for the Python Community.

    [1] http://fosdem.org/2014
    [2] https://fosdem.org/2014/practical/beerevent/
    [3] http://afpyro.afpy.org/dates/2014/2014_02_01.html
    [4] https://twitter.com/PythonFOSDEM