ANN: Leo 4.4.2.1 final released

Edward K. Ream

Leo 4.4.2.1 final is now available at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3458&package_id=29106

Leo 4.4.2.1 final fixes a recent bug that caused Leo not to create the
..leoRecentFiles.txt file properly in some situations. There are no known
significant bugs in this version of Leo.

Leo 4.4.2 final fixes a few bugs and adds support for pymacs.

Leo is a text editor, data organizer, project manager and much more. See:
http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/intro.html

The highlights of Leo 4.4.2:
----------------------------
- You can now store settings in myLeoSettings.leo without fear of those
settings
being changed by cvs updates or in future versions of Leo.
- Leo's vnode and tnode classes are now completely independent of the rest
of Leo.
Some api's have been changed. This 'big reorg' and may affect scripts and
plugins.
- Leo's vnode and tnode classes can optionally be compatible with ZODB
databases,
i.e., they can optionally derive from ZODB.Persistence.Persistent.
See Chapter 17: Using ZODB with Leo for details.
- The leoOPML plugin defines commands to read and write OPML files.
- The slideshow plugin allows Leo to run slideshows defined by @slideshow
and @slide nodes.
- The leo_to_rtf and leo_to_html plugins create rtf and html files from Leo
outlines.
- Much faster navigation through the outline.
- When focus is in the outline pane, you can move to headlines by typing the
first letter of headlines.
- The find command now optionally closes nodes not needed to show the node
containing the present match.
- Numerous changes that make Leo easier to use without using a mouse,
including new commands and options.
- Many new minibuffer commands now appear in the Cmds menu.
- A sax parser can now optionally read .leo files.

Links:
------
What's new: http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/new-4-4-2.html
Home: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leo/
Download: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3458
CVS: http://leo.tigris.org/source/browse/leo/
Leo's Wiki: http://leo.zwiki.org/FrontPage
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_(text_editor)
Quotes: http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/testimonials.html

John Henry

I downloaded the Windows exe, ran it and a small blank message window
poped up and that was it.

I am still running 2.3.

Edward K. Ream

I downloaded the Windows exe, ran it and a small blank message window poped
up and that was it.
I am still running 2.3.

I assume you mean Python 2.3, not Leo 2.3 :) I know for sure that Leo
works with Python 2.3. In the future, please report problems to one of Leo's
forums. And when reporting problems please tell me what platform you are
using.

You can probably see more information by running Leo in a console. See
Leo's FAQ for instructions:
http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/FAQ.html#how-can-i-run-leo-from-a-console-window

Edward

John Henry

Yes, it's Python 2.3, running under Windows XP.

I managed to get it working using the ZIP file.

Thanks,