[ANN] Looking for Ruby Developers in or near Chicago

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Mark Alexander Friedgan, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. ------=_Part_52877_28422414.1136513064007

    Folks,

    We're looking for a someone who is interested in doing Ruby and Rails on a
    full time basis
    here with us in the lovely Suburbs of Chicago. Our job ad follows.

    Mark

    Software Engineer - CashNetUSA

    CashNetUSA is looking for highly talented software engineer to complement
    its development team.

    *Responsibilities:*

    Candidate will be part of a team of developers building complex web based
    applications. He or she will be involved in architectural decisions and be
    responsible for implementing parts of the system. It will be important for
    the candidate to be able to take on a project independently and ensure its
    success.

    *Job Requirements:*

    - The ideal candidate will be fluent in Ruby as well as proficient
    with Ruby on Rails.
    - Given that these are new technologies, extensive experience
    developing web applications in Object-Oriented Perl, Python, or Java can=
    be
    substituted as long as a strong desire to work in Ruby exists.

    - Experience in JavaScript and CSS is desirable as well as AJAX.
    - A deep understanding of relational databases and SQL is a must.
    - Experience with MySQL, PostgreSql is a big plus.
    - Experience with Linux/Unix is a must.
    - A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant experience

    We subscribe to a notion that great programmers are 300 times more
    productive then average programmers. We are looking for a top-quality
    hacker: an expert programmer with good design sense and desire to get thing=
    accomplished. If you bored of *just a job*, this may be the place for you.

    * About Us: *

    CashNetUSA is an online consumer lending company based in the north suburbs
    of Chicago. The Company was founded in May 2004 by a dynamic management tea=
    with roots in Silicon Valley and Wall Street and has grown at a tremendous
    pace since inception. The Company currently provides short-term consumer
    financing solutions in over 25 states and continues to experience tremendou=
    growth and profitability. Management believes the Company is the
    operational/technical leader of the online short-term lending industry and
    is in a great position to capitalize on its market position.

    Interested candidates should email detailed cover letter and resume in PLAI=
    TEXT format to jobs (a T) cashnetusa.com

    Agency resumes will not be accepted.

    ------=_Part_52877_28422414.1136513064007--

    Mark Alexander Friedgan, Jan 6, 2006

  2. Mark Alexander Friedgan

    John W. Long Guest

    Mark Alexander Friedgan wrote:
    > We're looking for a someone who is interested in doing Ruby and Rails on a
    > full time basis
    > here with us in the lovely Suburbs of Chicago. Our job ad follows.

    Mark, I'd encourage you to post this to the Chicago Area Ruby Group's
    mailing list:

    http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/chicagogroup-members-list/

    You would also be welcome to come to our next meeting and do some
    recruiting there. We could probably give you a little time to explain
    the position. The next meetup is next Monday at 6pm. See the Web site
    for more details:

    http://ruby.meetup.com/55/

    --
    John Long