ANN: mailbox_reader 1.0.3 -- Python module to read UNIX mailboxes sequentially.

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz

CHANGES

Better documentation. New Parse_error exception raised when
the opened file is not a unix mailbox. Now reading past the
end of the archive keeps returning None instead of raising
exceptions.

DESCRIPTION

The module provides two classes: Mailbox, a file-like object
which allows you to iterate through the contents of a mailbox,
and Email, an object which holds the individual emails returned
by Mailbox. Mailbox inherits from Mailbox_base, but usually you
don't need to even know about this class. Mailbox_base implements
the file like mailbox reading part of the class, and the Email
object creation. Use the Mailbox class in your code, which will
always maintain the same API for backwards compatibility.

This module has been written with simplicity in mind, and low
memory consumption. Unless you do something bad, I estimate
maximum memory consumption as twice the memory required by
the largest email of the opened mailbox. But I'm guessing,
maybe it is lower, like one time your biggest email.

DOWNLOAD

http://gradha.sdf-eu.org/program/mailbox_reader.en.html
http://www.vex.net/parnassus/
http://freshmeat.net/