ANN: mailbox_reader 1.0.4 -- Python module to read UNIX mailboxessequentially.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. CHANGES

    Renamed base exception, old name maintained for backwards
    compatibility. Bound exceptions to Mailbox_base class, more
    pythonic. Updated usage example catching the exception of the
    Mailbox object. Added notice of http://www.linuxlinks.com/.

    DESCRIPTION

    The module provides two classes: Mailbox, a file-like object
    which allows you to iterate through the contents of a mailbox,
    and Email, an object which holds the individual emails returned
    by Mailbox. Mailbox inherits from Mailbox_base, but usually you
    don't need to even know about this class. Mailbox_base implements
    the file like mailbox reading part of the class, and the Email
    object creation. Use the Mailbox class in your code, which will
    always maintain the same API for backwards compatibility.

    This module has been written with simplicity in mind, and low
    memory consumption. Unless you do something bad, I estimate
    maximum memory consumption as twice the memory required by
    the largest email of the opened mailbox. But I'm guessing,
    maybe it is lower, like one time your biggest email.

    DOWNLOAD

    http://gradha.sdf-eu.org/program/mailbox_reader.en.html
    http://www.vex.net/parnassus/
    http://freshmeat.net/
    http://www.linuxlinks.com/

    LICENSE

    GPL

    --
    Please don't send me private copies of your public answers. Thanks.

    Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Re: ANN: mailbox_reader 1.0.4 -- Python module to read UNIX mailboxes sequentially.

    I'm confused, what does this module do that the one in the standard
    library doesn't? Thanks.

    Paul Rubin, Nov 29, 2003