ANN: new Delphi(tm) JMS (Java Message Service) client libraries forApache ActiveMQ and OpenMQ messag

Discussion in 'Java' started by Michael Justin, Nov 14, 2009.

  1. November 10, 2009: betasoft has released new versions of the Habari
    client libraries for Delphi and FreePascal which support Apache ActiveMQ
    (which is also part of the Geronimo application server and IBM WebSphere
    community edition) and OpenMQ (also included in GlassFish v3 J2EE6 web
    application server). Both libraries follow the specification of the JMS
    API (Java Message Service).

    Habari ActiveMQ Client 2.0 - Apache ActiveMQ message broker client
    http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=7933.0

    Habari OpenMQ Client 1.2 - for Open Message Queue / GlassFish
    http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=7932.0

    Habari home page
    http://www.mikejustin.com/habari.html

    Habari ActiveMQ Client is a library for Delphi(tm) and Free Pascal which
    provides easy access to Apache ActiveMQ, the most popular and powerful
    open source Message Broker. With this library, Delphi developers can
    build integrated solutions, connecting cross language clients and
    protocols from Java(tm), C, C++, C#, Ruby, Perl, Python, and PHP, using
    the peer-to-peer or the publish and subscribe communication model.
    Habari ActiveMQ Client uses the Stomp message protocol and a plug-in
    architecture for communication libraries and message transformers for
    XML and JSON object serialization. It supports Apache ActiveMQ versions
    4.0 to 5.2, FUSE Message Broker, Delphi 6 to 2010 and Free Pascal, and
    follows the specification of the JMS API for Message Oriented Middleware.

    Habari OpenMQ Client is a library which provides easy access to the
    Open Message Queue Broker.
    * supports the peer-to-peer and the publish/subscribe communication model
    * provides message transformers for object serialization (JSON, XML)
    * supports TemporaryQueue and TemporaryTopic destinations. These
    destination types only exist for the duration of their connection, and
    are a resource-saving solution for RPC-style communication
    * uses the Stomp protocol and a plug-in architecture for communication
    libraries (Indy and Synapse)
    * works with Delphi 6 to 2010 and Free Pascal

    Best regards,
    --
    Michael Justin
    SCJP, SCJA

    Michael Justin, Nov 14, 2009

  2. Michael Justin

    Roedy Green Guest

    Re: ANN: new Delphi(tm) JMS (Java Message Service) client libraries for Apache ActiveMQ and OpenMQ message brokers

    On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 17:10:38 +0100, Michael Justin
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >the Habari
    >client libraries

    I have a feeling that name will not fly well. It will conjure up
    imagines of unshaven terrorists for many Americans. It would be nice
    if this were not so.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    ~ Frank Zappa (born: 1940-12-21 died: 1993-12-04 at age: 52)

    Roedy Green, Nov 17, 2009

  3. Re: ANN: new Delphi(tm) JMS (Java Message Service) client librariesfor Apache ActiveMQ and OpenMQ message brokers

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 17:10:38 +0100, Michael Justin
    > <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    > someone who said :
    >
    >> the Habari
    >> client libraries

    > I have a feeling that name will not fly well. It will conjure up
    > imagines of unshaven terrorists for many Americans. It would be nice
    > if this were not so.

    I have a feeling that any American who understands what this library is
    for probably isn't quite that retarded. After all, I doubt that your
    average uninformed racist slob is in the business of working with Delphi
    libraries for Apache ActiveMQ. In the unlikely event that some bigoted
    programmer does raise an objection I trust that some colleague will set
    him straight and let him know that "habari" is a Swahili word.

    AHS

    Arved Sandstrom, Nov 17, 2009
  4. Michael Justin

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Arved Sandstrom wrote:
    > Roedy Green wrote:
    >> On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 17:10:38 +0100, Michael Justin
    >> <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    >> someone who said :
    >>
    >>> the Habari client libraries

    >> I have a feeling that name will not fly well. It will conjure up
    >> imagines of unshaven terrorists for many Americans. It would be nice
    >> if this were not so.

    > I have a feeling that any American who understands what this library is
    > for probably isn't quite that retarded. After all, I doubt that your
    > average uninformed racist slob is in the business of working with Delphi
    > libraries for Apache ActiveMQ. In the unlikely event that some bigoted
    > programmer does raise an objection I trust that some colleague will set
    > him straight and let him know that "habari" is a Swahili word.

    Yep.

    I would be more concerned over the confusion with these guys:
    http://habariproject.org/en/

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Nov 17, 2009
  5. Michael Justin

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 17:10:38 +0100, Michael Justin
    > <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    > someone who said :
    >> the Habari
    >> client libraries

    > I have a feeling that name will not fly well. It will conjure up
    > imagines of unshaven terrorists for many Americans. It would be nice
    > if this were not so.

    You mean like the 3 very suspicious: Abdera, Hadoop and Mina ??

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Nov 17, 2009
  6. Michael Justin

    Lew Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    >> I have a feeling that name will not fly well. It will conjure up
    >> imagines [sic] of unshaven terrorists for many Americans. It would be nice
    >> if this were not so.

    Well, how nice that it isn't so, then.

    Given your knee-jerk bigotry against the U.S. and its citizens, I'm not
    entirely surprised by such an off-the-wall remark, but I am disappointed in you.

    Tell me, do you have any evidence whatsoever that what you claim has any
    validity at all? Or is this just pure supposition on your part? My money's
    on the latter.

    Don't forget that a very strong majority of American citizens voted Barack
    Hussein Obama into the White House. That sounds a lot more Arabic than
    "Habari", which to this American sounds more like a Japanese game console than
    any "imagines [sic] of unshaven terrorists". What an incredibly rude,
    chauvinistic remark. I thought you were all about peace and tolerance - what
    happened to that?

    Arved Sandstrom wrote:
    > I have a feeling that any American who understands what this library is
    > for probably isn't quite that retarded. After all, I doubt that your
    > average uninformed racist slob is in the business of working with Delphi
    > libraries for Apache ActiveMQ. In the unlikely event that some bigoted
    > programmer does raise an objection I trust that some colleague will set
    > him straight and let him know that "habari" is a Swahili word.

    Even Americans who know nothing about programming might have all kinds of
    "imagines" other than "unshaven terrorists" from that word. I think the most
    common reaction would be more like, "Haba-what?"

    So far the only bigoted programmer to raise an objection is Roedy himself, who
    disguises his anti-"unshaven terrorist" prejudice inside his anti-American
    prejudice. After all, it was he who had that "imagine" from the name "Habari"
    and spoke of it, not a U.S. citizen.

    That's a little thing they call "projection" in psychology, folks.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Nov 17, 2009
  7. Michael Justin

    Tom Anderson Guest

    On Mon, 16 Nov 2009, Arne Vajh?j wrote:

    > Roedy Green wrote:
    >> On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 17:10:38 +0100, Michael Justin
    >> <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    >> someone who said :
    >>> the Habari client libraries

    >> I have a feeling that name will not fly well. It will conjure up
    >> imagines of unshaven terrorists for many Americans. It would be nice
    >> if this were not so.

    > You mean like the 3 very suspicious: Abdera, Hadoop and Mina ??

    The cornerstones of any serious 21st century e-terrorism project!

    tom

    --
    Every professor of philosophy needs a nine-year-old daughter. Mine has
    a habit of saying, "Daddy, that is a very silly idea." She is always

    Teraposa Lunodas, Nov 24, 2009
  9. Michael Justin

    Lew Guest

    Teraposa Lunodas wrote:
    > I have a feeling that any American who understands what this library
    > is
    > for probably isn't quite that retarded. After all, I doubt that your
    > average uninformed racist slob is in the business of working with
    > Delphi
    > libraries for Apache ActiveMQ. In the unlikely event that some bigoted
    > programmer does raise an objection I trust that some colleague will
    > set
    > him straight and let him know that "habari" is a Swahili word.

    Wow, that is word for word what Arved Sandstrom wrote over a week ago. What a
    coincidence!

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Nov 24, 2009
  10. Re: ANN: new Delphi(tm) JMS (Java Message Service) client librariesfor Apache ActiveMQ and OpenMQ message brokers

    Lew wrote:
    > Teraposa Lunodas wrote:
    >> I have a feeling that any American who understands what this library
    >> is
    >> for probably isn't quite that retarded. After all, I doubt that your
    >> average uninformed racist slob is in the business of working with
    >> Delphi
    >> libraries for Apache ActiveMQ. In the unlikely event that some bigoted
    >> programmer does raise an objection I trust that some colleague will
    >> set
    >> him straight and let him know that "habari" is a Swahili word.

    > Wow, that is word for word what Arved Sandstrom wrote over a week ago.
    > What a coincidence!

    Seems to be some spam email program going whacko...did you notice how
    Mike Schilling got a reply to one of his posts from Siera Gonsages of
    pharmaceutical fame?

    AHS

    Arved Sandstrom, Nov 24, 2009
  11. Re: ANN: new Delphi(tm) JMS (Java Message Service) client libraries for Apache ActiveMQ and OpenMQ message brokers

    In article <4ESOm.53343$Db2.52879@edtnps83>,
    Arved Sandstrom <> wrote:

    > Lew wrote:
    > > Teraposa Lunodas wrote:
    > >> I have a feeling that any American who understands what this
    > >> library is for probably isn't quite that retarded. After all, I
    > >> doubt that your average uninformed racist slob is in the business
    > >> of working with Delphi libraries for Apache ActiveMQ. In the
    > >> unlikely event that some bigoted programmer does raise an
    > >> objection I trust that some colleague will set him straight and
    > >> let him know that "habari" is a Swahili word.

    > > Wow, that is word for word what Arved Sandstrom wrote over a week
    > > ago. What a coincidence!
    > >

    > Seems to be some spam email program going whacko...did you notice how
    > Mike Schilling got a reply to one of his posts from Siera Gonsages of
    > pharmaceutical fame?

    Lew has an echo, too:

    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/msg/f204eba74296103f>
    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/msg/87aba7ec5fb0f703>

    Flattery? Mimicry? Chicanery?

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com

    John B. Matthews, Nov 24, 2009
  12. Michael Justin

    Lew Guest

    Re: Mimicry spam (Was: ANN: new Delphi(tm) JMS (Java Message Service)client libraries for Apache ActiveMQ and OpenMQ message brokers)

    John B. Matthews wrote:
    > Lew has an echo, too:
    >
    > <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/msg/f204eba7...>
    > <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/msg/87aba7ec...>
    >
    > Flattery? Mimicry? Chicanery?

    The third, undoubtedly.

    At least this time the echoes aren't surrealistically paraphrased or
    accompanied by racist garbage in the sigs.

    It's a shame that some evil people abuse the newsgroups.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Nov 24, 2009
  13. Michael Justin

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Lew wrote:

    > Arved Sandstrom wrote:
    >>> Seems to be some spam email program going whacko...did you notice how
    >>> Mike Schilling got a reply to one of his posts from Siera Gonsages of
    >>> pharmaceutical fame?

    > John B. Matthews wrote:
    >> Lew has an echo, too:
    >>
    >> <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/msg/f204eba7...>
    >> <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/msg/87aba7ec...>
    >>
    >> Flattery? Mimicry? Chicanery?
    >>

    > The third, undoubtedly.
    >
    > At least this time the echoes aren't surrealistically paraphrased or
    > accompanied by racist garbage in the sigs.
    >
    > It's a shame that some evil people abuse the newsgroups.

    But they are also from Ukraine this time, so my guess is that
    it indeed is the same culprit!

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Nov 26, 2009