ANN: new Delphi(tm) JMS (Java Message Service) client libraries forApache ActiveMQ and OpenMQ messag

Michael Justin

November 10, 2009: betasoft has released new versions of the Habari
client libraries for Delphi and FreePascal which support Apache ActiveMQ
(which is also part of the Geronimo application server and IBM WebSphere
community edition) and OpenMQ (also included in GlassFish v3 J2EE6 web
application server). Both libraries follow the specification of the JMS
API (Java Message Service).

Habari ActiveMQ Client 2.0 - Apache ActiveMQ message broker client
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=7933.0

Habari OpenMQ Client 1.2 - for Open Message Queue / GlassFish
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=7932.0

Habari home page
http://www.mikejustin.com/habari.html

Habari ActiveMQ Client is a library for Delphi(tm) and Free Pascal which
provides easy access to Apache ActiveMQ, the most popular and powerful
open source Message Broker. With this library, Delphi developers can
build integrated solutions, connecting cross language clients and
protocols from Java(tm), C, C++, C#, Ruby, Perl, Python, and PHP, using
the peer-to-peer or the publish and subscribe communication model.
Habari ActiveMQ Client uses the Stomp message protocol and a plug-in
architecture for communication libraries and message transformers for
XML and JSON object serialization. It supports Apache ActiveMQ versions
4.0 to 5.2, FUSE Message Broker, Delphi 6 to 2010 and Free Pascal, and
follows the specification of the JMS API for Message Oriented Middleware.

Habari OpenMQ Client is a library which provides easy access to the
Open Message Queue Broker.
* supports the peer-to-peer and the publish/subscribe communication model
* provides message transformers for object serialization (JSON, XML)
* supports TemporaryQueue and TemporaryTopic destinations. These
destination types only exist for the duration of their connection, and
are a resource-saving solution for RPC-style communication
* uses the Stomp protocol and a plug-in architecture for communication
libraries (Indy and Synapse)
* works with Delphi 6 to 2010 and Free Pascal

Best regards,

Roedy Green

the Habari
client libraries

I have a feeling that name will not fly well. It will conjure up
imagines of unshaven terrorists for many Americans. It would be nice
if this were not so.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

~ Frank Zappa (born: 1940-12-21 died: 1993-12-04 at age: 52)

Arved Sandstrom

Roedy said:
I have a feeling that name will not fly well. It will conjure up
imagines of unshaven terrorists for many Americans. It would be nice
if this were not so.

I have a feeling that any American who understands what this library is
for probably isn't quite that retarded. After all, I doubt that your
average uninformed racist slob is in the business of working with Delphi
libraries for Apache ActiveMQ. In the unlikely event that some bigoted
programmer does raise an objection I trust that some colleague will set
him straight and let him know that "habari" is a Swahili word.

AHS

Arne Vajhøj

Arved said:
I have a feeling that any American who understands what this library is
for probably isn't quite that retarded. After all, I doubt that your
average uninformed racist slob is in the business of working with Delphi
libraries for Apache ActiveMQ. In the unlikely event that some bigoted
programmer does raise an objection I trust that some colleague will set
him straight and let him know that "habari" is a Swahili word.

Yep.

I would be more concerned over the confusion with these guys:
http://habariproject.org/en/

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Roedy said:
I have a feeling that name will not fly well. It will conjure up
imagines of unshaven terrorists for many Americans. It would be nice
if this were not so.

You mean like the 3 very suspicious: Abdera, Hadoop and Mina ??

Arne

Lew

Michael Justin wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
Roedy said:
I have a feeling that name will not fly well. It will conjure up
imagines [sic] of unshaven terrorists for many Americans. It would be nice
if this were not so.

Well, how nice that it isn't so, then.

Given your knee-jerk bigotry against the U.S. and its citizens, I'm not
entirely surprised by such an off-the-wall remark, but I am disappointed in you.

Tell me, do you have any evidence whatsoever that what you claim has any
validity at all? Or is this just pure supposition on your part? My money's
on the latter.

Don't forget that a very strong majority of American citizens voted Barack
Hussein Obama into the White House. That sounds a lot more Arabic than
"Habari", which to this American sounds more like a Japanese game console than
any "imagines [sic] of unshaven terrorists". What an incredibly rude,
chauvinistic remark. I thought you were all about peace and tolerance - what
happened to that?

Arved said:
I have a feeling that any American who understands what this library is
for probably isn't quite that retarded. After all, I doubt that your
average uninformed racist slob is in the business of working with Delphi
libraries for Apache ActiveMQ. In the unlikely event that some bigoted
programmer does raise an objection I trust that some colleague will set
him straight and let him know that "habari" is a Swahili word.

Even Americans who know nothing about programming might have all kinds of
"imagines" other than "unshaven terrorists" from that word. I think the most
common reaction would be more like, "Haba-what?"

So far the only bigoted programmer to raise an objection is Roedy himself, who
disguises his anti-"unshaven terrorist" prejudice inside his anti-American
prejudice. After all, it was he who had that "imagine" from the name "Habari"
and spoke of it, not a U.S. citizen.

That's a little thing they call "projection" in psychology, folks.

Teraposa Lunodas

Teraposa said:
I have a feeling that any American who understands what this library
is
for probably isn't quite that retarded. After all, I doubt that your
average uninformed racist slob is in the business of working with
Delphi
libraries for Apache ActiveMQ. In the unlikely event that some bigoted
programmer does raise an objection I trust that some colleague will
set
him straight and let him know that "habari" is a Swahili word.

Wow, that is word for word what Arved Sandstrom wrote over a week ago. What a
coincidence!

Arved Sandstrom

Lew said:
Wow, that is word for word what Arved Sandstrom wrote over a week ago.
What a coincidence!
Seems to be some spam email program going whacko...did you notice how
Mike Schilling got a reply to one of his posts from Siera Gonsages of
pharmaceutical fame?

AHS

Arne Vajhøj

Lew said:
The third, undoubtedly.

At least this time the echoes aren't surrealistically paraphrased or
accompanied by racist garbage in the sigs.

It's a shame that some evil people abuse the newsgroups.

But they are also from Ukraine this time, so my guess is that
it indeed is the same culprit!

Arne