[ANN] Prawn 0.6 Released

Gregory Brown

[This announcement is about Prawn, a pure ruby PDF generation library
that is probably about as awesome as your mom]

Hi folks,

Prawn 0.6 is now ready for public consumption, and it's jam packed
with things people have been wanting for a while, including:

* Support for transactional rendering
* Ability to group content on a page (or in a column)
* Ability to password protect and set permissions for your documents
* Graphics improvements: including transparencies, stroke dash, join
and cap styles.
* Support for "stamps" which allow re-using content via XObjects
* A way to number pages in a "page k of N" format
* Major refactorings under the hood to make extending Prawn easier
* Tons of other good stuff.

You can find a complete CHANGELOG here:
http://wiki.github.com/sandal/prawn/changelog

PLEASE READ IT. =A0A LOT OF PROBLEMS CAN EASILY BE SOLVED THAT WAY :)

Git Tags are:
http://github.com/sandal/prawn/tree/0.6.1
http://github.com/sandal/prawn-format/tree/0.2.2
http://github.com/sandal/prawn-layout/tree/0.3.1
http://github.com/madriska/prawn-security/tree/0.1.1

But you can of course just "gem install prawn" as well and it'll do
the appropriate gem locking to get you the right versions of
everything.

I tried to note all the people who contributed to this release in the
CHANGELOG, but let me just say thanks again for all your hard work.
Prawn has an awesome contributor base, and that makes the project a
whole lot more fun for me.

Enjoy! And keep those patches, bug reports, and questions coming.

If you have questions, just contact us via our Google group:
http://groups.google.com/group/prawn-ruby

-greg