ANN: py lib 0.9.0: py.test, distributed execution, microthreads ...

holger krekel

py lib 0.9.0: py.test, distributed execution, greenlets and more

Welcome to the 0.9.0 py lib release - a library aiming to
support agile and test-driven python development on various levels.

Main API/Tool Features:

* py.test: cross-project testing tool with many advanced features
* py.execnet: ad-hoc code distribution to SSH, Socket and local sub processes
* py.magic.greenlet: micro-threads on standard CPython ("stackless-light")
* py.path: path abstractions over local and subversion files
* rich documentation of py's exported API
* tested against Linux, OSX and partly against Win32, python 2.3-2.5

All these features and their API have extensive documentation,
generated with the new "apigen", which we intend to make accessible
for other python projects as well.

Download/Install: http://codespeak.net/py/0.9.0/download.html
Documentation/API: http://codespeak.net/py/0.9.0/index.html

Work on the py lib has been partially funded by the
European Union IST programme and by http://merlinux.de
within the PyPy project.

best, have fun and let us know what you think!

Holger Krekel, Maciej Fijalkowski,
Guido Wesdorp, Carl Friedrich Bolz