ANN: pygene0.12 - Genetic Programming&Algorithms Library

Discussion in 'Python' started by aum, Dec 11, 2005.

  1. aum

    aum Guest

    Hi all,

    This announcement supersedes an earlier announcement of pygene.

    pygene 0.2 now supports genetic programming, in addition to the classical
    Mendelian genetic algorithms of the earlier version. I thank the
    respondents to the earlier announcement for inspiring me to implement GP
    functionality.

    http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pygene

    Feedback and suggestions most welcome.

    pygene does not claim to be any better or worse than the existing python
    genetic algorithms and genetic programming libraries. out there. It does
    follow a certain style of OO API design which will appeal to some more
    than others. For me, I find it easiest to work with - but that's just the
    author being biased.

    --

    Cheers
    aum
    aum, Dec 11, 2005

  2. aum

    eXt Guest

    aum wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > This announcement supersedes an earlier announcement of pygene.
    >
    > pygene 0.2 now supports genetic programming, in addition to the classical
    > Mendelian genetic algorithms of the earlier version. I thank the
    > respondents to the earlier announcement for inspiring me to implement GP
    > functionality.
    >
    > http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pygene

    Cool! I'll surly take a look at that :)

    --