ANN: pygene0.12 - Genetic Programming&Algorithms Library

aum

Hi all,

This announcement supersedes an earlier announcement of pygene.

pygene 0.2 now supports genetic programming, in addition to the classical
Mendelian genetic algorithms of the earlier version. I thank the
respondents to the earlier announcement for inspiring me to implement GP
functionality.

http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pygene

Feedback and suggestions most welcome.

pygene does not claim to be any better or worse than the existing python
genetic algorithms and genetic programming libraries. out there. It does
follow a certain style of OO API design which will appeal to some more
than others. For me, I find it easiest to work with - but that's just the
author being biased.

eXt

aum said:
Hi all,

This announcement supersedes an earlier announcement of pygene.

pygene 0.2 now supports genetic programming, in addition to the classical
Mendelian genetic algorithms of the earlier version. I thank the
respondents to the earlier announcement for inspiring me to implement GP
functionality.

http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pygene
Cool! I'll surly take a look at that :)