ANN: Pyrex 0.9.6

Greg Ewing

Colin J. Williams

Greg said:
Pyrex 0.9.6 is now available:

http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Pyrex/

There is a *lot* of new stuff in this version, too much
to fit into this announcement. Read all about it here:

http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python/Pyrex/changes-0.9.6.html

What is Pyrex?
--------------

Pyrex is a language for writing Python extension modules.
It lets you freely mix operations on Python and C data, with
all Python reference counting and error checking handled
automatically.
Some of the doc\Manual files seem to be missing eg source_files.

I was browsing hoping to find an answer to the question "Do I
need a C compiler to use Pyrex, if so, which one?

Colin W.

Diez B. Roggisch

Colin said:
Some of the doc\Manual files seem to be missing eg source_files.

I was browsing hoping to find an answer to the question "Do I
need a C compiler to use Pyrex, if so, which one?

Can't say that anything about the reason for the missing files - but one
thing is for sure: you need one. And I _presume_ it's the one distutils
would chose, so it depends on your python-build.

Diez

Colin J. Williams

Diez said:
Can't say that anything about the reason for the missing files - but one
thing is for sure: you need one. And I _presume_ it's the one distutils
would chose, so it depends on your python-build.

Diez
Thanks, I feared that.

Colin W.