ANN: Pyrex 0.9.6

Discussion in 'Python' started by Greg Ewing, Oct 7, 2007.

  1. Greg Ewing

    Greg Ewing Guest

    Greg Ewing, Oct 7, 2007

  2. Greg Ewing wrote:
    > Pyrex 0.9.6 is now available:
    >
    > http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Pyrex/
    >
    > There is a *lot* of new stuff in this version, too much
    > to fit into this announcement. Read all about it here:
    >
    > http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python/Pyrex/changes-0.9.6.html
    >
    > What is Pyrex?
    > --------------
    >
    > Pyrex is a language for writing Python extension modules.
    > It lets you freely mix operations on Python and C data, with
    > all Python reference counting and error checking handled
    > automatically.

    Some of the doc\Manual files seem to be missing eg source_files.

    I was browsing hoping to find an answer to the question "Do I
    need a C compiler to use Pyrex, if so, which one?

    Colin W.

    Colin J. Williams, Oct 7, 2007

  3. Colin J. Williams schrieb:
    > Greg Ewing wrote:
    >> Pyrex 0.9.6 is now available:
    >>
    >> http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Pyrex/
    >>
    >> There is a *lot* of new stuff in this version, too much
    >> to fit into this announcement. Read all about it here:
    >>

    >> http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python/Pyrex/changes-0.9.6.html
    >>

    >> What is Pyrex?
    >> --------------
    >>
    >> Pyrex is a language for writing Python extension modules.
    >> It lets you freely mix operations on Python and C data, with
    >> all Python reference counting and error checking handled
    >> automatically.

    > Some of the doc\Manual files seem to be missing eg source_files.
    >
    > I was browsing hoping to find an answer to the question "Do I
    > need a C compiler to use Pyrex, if so, which one?

    Can't say that anything about the reason for the missing files - but one
    thing is for sure: you need one. And I _presume_ it's the one distutils
    would chose, so it depends on your python-build.

    Diez

    Diez B. Roggisch, Oct 7, 2007
  4. Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
    > Colin J. Williams schrieb:
    >> Greg Ewing wrote:
    >>> Pyrex 0.9.6 is now available:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Pyrex/
    >>>
    >>> There is a *lot* of new stuff in this version, too much
    >>> to fit into this announcement. Read all about it here:
    >>>

    >>> http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python/Pyrex/changes-0.9.6.html
    >>>

    >>> What is Pyrex?
    >>> --------------
    >>>
    >>> Pyrex is a language for writing Python extension modules.
    >>> It lets you freely mix operations on Python and C data, with
    >>> all Python reference counting and error checking handled
    >>> automatically.

    >> Some of the doc\Manual files seem to be missing eg source_files.
    >>
    >> I was browsing hoping to find an answer to the question "Do I
    >> need a C compiler to use Pyrex, if so, which one?

    > Can't say that anything about the reason for the missing files - but one
    > thing is for sure: you need one. And I _presume_ it's the one distutils
    > would chose, so it depends on your python-build.
    >
    > Diez

    Thanks, I feared that.

    Colin W.

    Colin J. Williams, Oct 7, 2007