[ANN] Rainbows! 0.1.1 - with Ruby 1.8 support!

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Eric Wong, Oct 6, 2009.

  1. Eric Wong

    Eric Wong Guest

    Rainbows! Unicorn for slow apps and slow clients

    Rainbows! is a HTTP server for sleepy Rack applications. It is based on
    Unicorn, but designed to handle applications that expect long
    request/response times and/or slow clients. For Rack applications not
    heavily bound by slow external network dependencies, consider Unicorn
    instead as it simpler and easier to debug.

    * http://rainbows.rubyforge.org/
    *
    * git://git.bogomips.org/rainbows.git

    Fixed Ruby 1.8 support (and all 1.9 systems without Revactor).
    Process-wide timeout handling for the ThreadSpawn concurrency
    model should now work properly. Small cleanups everywhere.

    --
    Eric Wong
    Eric Wong, Oct 6, 2009

  2. Eric Wong

    Tony Arcieri Guest

    I'm curious about using this for a Comet server... what do you think about
    the feasibility of that? Comet-style "long polling" seems ideal for this
    sort of framework, where you have an asynchronous event source but
    synchronous clients.

    --
    Tony Arcieri
    Medioh/Nagravision
    Tony Arcieri, Oct 6, 2009

  3. Eric Wong

    Eric Wong Guest

    Tony Arcieri <> wrote:
    > I'm curious about using this for a Comet server... what do you think about
    > the feasibility of that? Comet-style "long polling" seems ideal for this
    > sort of framework, where you have an asynchronous event source but
    > synchronous clients.

    Yup, that's exactly one of those use cases Rainbows! is designed to
    support. This would be a great time to test out the Rainbows!+Revactor
    combo (and maybe fix my Revactor-using code :)

    Eric Wong, Oct 6, 2009