[ANN] Rainbows! 1.0.0 - a sleepy HTTP server

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Eric Wong, Oct 28, 2010.

  1. Eric Wong

    Eric Wong Guest

    Rainbows! is an HTTP server for sleepy Rack applications. It is based on
    Unicorn, but designed to handle applications that expect long
    request/response times and/or slow clients.

    * http://rainbows.rubyforge.org/
    *
    * git://git.bogomips.org/rainbows.git

    Changes:

    This release is merely a milestone in our evolving internal API.
    Use of kgio may result in performance improvements under Ruby
    1.9.2 with non-blocking I/O-intensive workloads.

    The only bugfix is that SIGHUP reloads restores defaults on
    unset settings. A similar fix is included in Unicorn 2.0.0
    as well.

    More sleepy things are on the way! Stay tuned on our mailing list!

    --
    Eric Wong

    Eric Wong, Oct 28, 2010

  2. Eric Wong

    Eric Wong Guest

    [ANN] Zbatery 0.4.0 - Rainbows! without a fork stuck in it

    Zbatery is an HTTP server for Rack applications on systems that either
    do not support fork(), or have no memory (nor need) to run the
    master/worker model. It is based on Rainbows! (which is based on
    Unicorn (which is based on Mongrel)) and inherits parts of each.
    Zbatery supports your choice of all the thread/fiber/event/actor-based
    concurrency models and Rack middleware that Rainbows! supports (or will
    ever support) in a single process.

    * http://zbatery.bogomip.org/
    *
    * git://git.bogomips.org/zbatery.git

    Changes:

    This release syncs up with the latest from Rainbows! 1.0.x
    and Unicorn 2.0.x and includes minor bugfixes from both.

    --
    Eric Wong

    Eric Wong, Oct 28, 2010