[ANN] Reiserfs for ruby initial announcement

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by aritter@gmail.com, Sep 30, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi!

    I'm proud to announce the first reiserfs ruby implementation. It uses
    the new fusefs ruby interface to mount the filesystem.
    Usage:
    rreiserfs dev dir

    Limitations:
    - no executable flag, no permissions supported
    - file sizes are always 0 (file size can't be given to the fusefs
    wrapper)
    - if you open a file, the whole file (not the device!) is read to
    memory
    (fusefs wrapper limitation and needs some work but it could and
    should be done)

    Get it at http://www.cs.bme.hu/~adam/rreiserfs-0.1.gz

    Adam
    , Sep 30, 2005

    Re: Reiserfs for ruby initial announcement

    Sorry, I forgot to write that it's a read only reiserfs implementation.
    , Sep 30, 2005

  3. Dick Davies Guest

    If it's not a stupid question, could you explain what this could be used fo=
    r?

    Dick Davies, Oct 1, 2005

    Re: Reiserfs for ruby initial announcement

    :)

    Currently not much.. but FuseFS could be ported to Hurd or Win32 or any
    other OS and you could get rid of the buggy rfstool and play your
    movies on a reiserfs file system real time. And if you're interested in
    reiserfs, you could play with this code much easier than with any other
    implementation.

    Adam
    , Oct 1, 2005