ANN: REXML 3.0.8

SER

Hi,

REXML, the pure-Ruby XML parser, v3.0.8 is out.

The Ruby CVS HEAD is up to date with 3.0.8; I'm in the process of
porting it back to the stable CVS branch. REXML is also available as a
seperate download at the REXML website:

http://www.germane-software.com/software/rexml

Here's a list of changes since 3.0.3:

* Fixes to transitive pretty-printing
* Attributes can now be non-Strings; they'll be to_s()'ed when set.
* Text now works on frozen strings
* Fixed a bug where, in some cases, the parser would fail to read
enough characters from the input stream, and would consequently fail.
* In reporting a parse exception on an input stream, in some cases the
code that calculated the position in the stream of the error would
raise an IO error, which wasn't caught.
* Fixed Text so that using Elements outside of a Document wouldn't
cause errors.
* US-ASCII encoding was incorrectly outputing 8-bit ASCII. (fix from
Stefan Scholl)
* Mikko Tiihonen contributed encoding support for CP-1252 and
ISO-8859-15
* Fixed XPath bug where any string equaled zero (ruby converts all
non-numeric strings to 0, whereas XPath says they're NaN)
* Added a test for descendant-or-self ordering
* Added a test for deep cloning
* Added a getter for the source in BaseParser
* Replaced #inspect in both Element and Attribute. This should make
stack traces nicer.
* Fixed a bug in ParseException. Line numbers in Ruby IO are a real
pain in the ass!
* Functions::number is more correct
* Added Kou's backward-compatability fix for DocTypes using a Source as
an argument to the constructor. This constructor has been deprecated;
there isn't any reason
for it to exist, except for backwards compatability. I will probably
remove it in the future.
* Fixed indentation with CDATA bug, #23

Ciao,

--- SER

Sean Russell

Brett Williams said:
Thanks Sean! Did my bug submission get through after all? Or did you
end up having to submit based on my post here?

Hi Brett,

I'm not using Jitterbug any longer, which is probably why it didn't
work for you. The new bug system (for the past few months) has
been roundup; the bugs link on the REXML home page should point to the
new bug DB.

So, yes, I did pull your bug report out of c.l.r, and I created a
tracker for it in roundup. You posted a good bug report, which made
it easier for me to fix; thanks! Good bug reports are a real pleasure
to receive.

--- SER