ANN: REXML 3.1.1

Sean Russell

This release consists primarily of improvements to the RelaxNG
validation mechanism, although there are some bug fixes in here.
Unless you're testing the validation code, you probably aren't
interested in this.

Here's the list of changes from 3.1.0:

* Improved support for converting XPaths to strings.
* XPath wasn't parsing ")" correctly.

Validation improvements:
* Fixed text support
* Fixed <attribute>s in <choice>s
* Fixed text in choices. This change improves handling of all events
that occur without an end step (which is most of them).
* Fixed a bunch of cases
* Added support for <group>
* Added support for <value>

To be more concise, here is the list of implemented and unimplemented
RelaxNG features:

Implemented:
* empty
* element
* attribute
* text
* optional
* choice
* oneOrMore
* zeroOrMore
* group
* value

Not implemented:
* ref
* interleave
* mixed
* grammar
* start
* define
* data
* param
* include

Incidentally, the documentation -- which has long been due for a
rewrite -- is now scheduled to get that rewrite. There are a number
of undocumented features of REXML, and most of the new documentation
will be in the form of an expanded tutorial.

As usual, you can get this version from the REXML homepage:

http://www.germane-software.com/software/rexml

--- SER

Rich

I really appreciate the hard work you're putting into this... and I'm
_really_ looking forward to the tutorials and new documentation!!

-Richard