[ann] ROS ruby operatin system, now as vapor ware

Simon Strandgaard

homepage
http://ros.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?HomePage

A ruby-centric operating system which tries to implement the best from
already known operating systems. Much focus on that things has to be
intuitive.

As much as possible should be written in Ruby, so that a user, which
masters Ruby, are in full control of ROS.

* wiki consisting of 41 pages.
* mailinglist with 10 people and 151 mails over 2 months.
* early skeleton of the file-system's lookup mechanism.

The filesystem are much inspired by amigados. You can use path-shortcuts.
You may be familiar with 'df0:' or 'docs:'. Further more we want to
combine it with I/O slaves, so that things behaves more as object than
files. A zip file may behave like a directory. A mp3 file has a play
action you can invoke. BTW: we wish to use AFS (global filesystem).

There has been much talking about using XUL to describe the
user-interface. But instead of using Javascript, then use Ruby.

Please check out ROS and come with feedback. We are no experts. What we
write may be untrue. Our opinions don't reflect everyones opinions. Text
may be confusing and unclear. Our native language is not English, so
sentences and spelling may be wrong.

Thanks for your attention.