[ANN] rspec-cleverbacktrace 0.1 Released

Judson Lester

rspec-cleverbacktrace version 0.1 has been released!

The default backtrace handling for rspec is ... okay. It would be nice if
you could find the source of exceptions during test runs without having
to see *all* the backtraces, right?

That's what this thing is for: it compacts backtraces, skims out things
that
should be ignored (and respects ignore_patterns), then trims filenames and

contracts repetition into a legible format.

Project: http://rubyforge.org/project/cleverbacktrace/
Homepage: http://cleverbacktrace.rubyforge.org/

Roger Pack

link works?

ex:
1)
RuntimeError in 'This spec has to dig deep to find a problem'
1 lib/right_hand.rb:5:in `wash_left_hand'
2 lib/left_hand.rb:4:in `know_what_right_hand_is_doing'
\> 11112111121111
3 spec/test_spec.rb:5:

I've been thinking rspec should add something similar, before.
My original thought was just to show the actual code at the line that
raises--something like that might be kind here, too.
Though I suppose we could continue the conversation on the rspec list.
-r