[ANN] ruby 1.8.0

Shashank Date

Yukihiro Matsumoto said:
After 7 previews, Ruby 1.8.0 is finally released. Thank you everyone
who helped us.

Awesome !

Thank you, Matz and all others who worked hard at this ...
You can get summary of changes at

ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8./changes.1.8.0

Cannot reach to this page :-(

Take it easy ... have fun.

-- shanko

Chris Morris

Yukihiro said:
Hello,

After 7 previews, Ruby 1.8.0 is finally released. Thank you everyone
who helped us.
I'll dogpile on the thank yous. Ruby is a great tool that has definitely
made me more productive. Thanks, matz, et al.

Dr AK

Hello,

Dear Matz please accept our gratitude for designing ruby and putting
your best effort on keeping the development group and the language
itself alive and kicking!

We will do our best to spread the word out, using Ruby to create software
of analoguous excellence ;-)

Tasos Koutoumanos
aka: drak @ navel.gr

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Saluton!

* E F van de Laar; 2003-08-04, 12:51 UTC:
Domo aragoto matz, nobu and the rest of the Ruby crew. :)

'Dômo arigatô gozaimasu' alstublieft :->

Gis,

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Ian Macdonald

Hi,

Should be
ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/changes.1.8.0

Speaking of changes, the ChangeLog file in the distribution now refers
to ChangeLog-1.8.0 for changes before 1.8.0, but this file does not seem
to be included.

Ian
--
Ian Macdonald | If I were to walk on water, the press would
System Administrator | say I'm only doing it because I can't swim.

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "Re: [ANN] ruby 1.8.0"

|Speaking of changes, the ChangeLog file in the distribution now refers
|to ChangeLog-1.8.0 for changes before 1.8.0, but this file does not seem
|to be included.

I forgot to include the old ChangeLog in the package. Check out it
from CVS or <ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ChangeLog-1.8.0>

matz.

daz

Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 05:14:37
----------------^^^^^
From: (e-mail address removed) (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Subject: Re: [ANN] ruby 1.8.0

Hi,

[...]

matz.

Checking for problems at 05:14 is a true sign of dedication.

Cheers from the 2nd year lower-middle ranks.

George Moschovitis

Congratulations to matz and all the rest! Thank you!

George Moschovitis

ps: in greek: eyxaristw poly ! ;-)

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Saluton!

* George Moschovitis; 2003-08-05, 22:19 UTC:
Congratulations to matz and all the rest! Thank you!

George Moschovitis

ps: in greek: eyxaristw poly ! ;-)

\epsilon \upsilon \chi \alpha \rho \iota \sigma \tau \omega\
\pi \omicron \lambda \upsilon I suppose?

I only know the Greek alphabet due to physics but didn't take any
Greek. Nevertheless the meaning is obvious if one knows what
Eucharist literally means :->

In German one would say 'Vielen herzlichen Dank'.
Spanish: Muchas gracias.
Dutch: Dank U wel.
Italian: Mille gracie.
Russian: bo'lschoe Spasivo (IIRC it is spelled "bo'lschaje spasiva")

Gis,

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Gennady

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Saluton!
Correction:

bol'shoe spasibo (here ' represents a symbol that makes l sound softer)
and if you have cyrillic support: âïìøûïå óðáóéâï

I acutally made some mistakes in transcribing the cyrillic dictionary
entry. Most is not an error but differences between German and
English transkription of Russian - position of "'" really is wrong.
I grew up in the Western part of Germany ...

Gis,

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Damphyr

George said:
it meens 'thank you' ;-)

-g.

Actually what you wrote is

eyxaristw poly-->thank you very much, using greenglish (fragkoellinika,
a completely unstable and crazy orthography of the greek language using
latin characters).
Eucharist (Ef-cha-ri-STI-a) is Thanksgiving - so those of you in the
States are celebrating Eucharist Day each year :)
V.-
P.S.
And yes, there's more than one greek rubyist in the list.