ruby 1.8.0 preview7

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hello,

According to our roadmap, this must be the last preview.

ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ruby-1.8.0-preview7.tar.gz

MD5: ca1df1f0c000b3392658ece0e5d64820

Important change of the preview:

* Ruby/Tk has been debugged. It must be much stable now. Give a
try, please.

* Ruby finally compiles and runs on Linux-IA64.

* Some portability report came for LinuxPPC (not fixed). If you
have any information, it'd be my pleasure.

Sorry for busy and noisy week. I'm exhausted.
Happy weekend.
matz.

p.s.

Thank you for all offered mirroring. I ask everyone to mail me
directly again with your expecting URL, ending ruby-1.8.0.tar.gz
please. Could you put the subject "downloading URL" to the mail?

www.ruby-lang.org will randomly choose the URL to download among
these.

Tom Copeland

Hello,

According to our roadmap, this must be the last preview.

ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ruby-1.8.0-preview7.tar.gz

MD5: ca1df1f0c000b3392658ece0e5d64820

Important change of the preview:

* Ruby/Tk has been debugged. It must be much stable now. Give a
try, please.

* Ruby finally compiles and runs on Linux-IA64.

* Some portability report came for LinuxPPC (not fixed). If you
have any information, it'd be my pleasure.

Mirrored on RubyForge:

http://rubyforge.org/project/showfiles.php?group_id=30

Yours,

Tom

why the lucky stiff

Thank you for all offered mirroring. I ask everyone to mail me
directly again with your expecting URL, ending ruby-1.8.0.tar.gz
please. Could you put the subject "downloading URL" to the mail?

I'd actually like to mirror the whole the distribution tree on a server I have
in New York. Is there a central rsync? Or should I just an rsync on the
'Download' page?

_why

Dan Debertin

I'm getting:

readline.c:545: `HISTORY_STATE' undeclared (first use in this function)
readline.c:545: `state' undeclared (first use in this function)
readline.c:546: parse error before `int'
readline.c:549: `i' undeclared (first use in this function)

and so on, on NetBSD 1.6.1. This is probably because NetBSD has an old
version of readline under /usr/include/readline that doesn't define
HISTORY_STATE and a few other macros. I have a later readline
installed under /usr/local, but readline's extconf.rb doesn't see it.

I did try adding the correct path to $CPPFLAGS and $LDFLAGS in
extconf.rb, but that didn't seem to have any effect.

Dan

Kero van Gelder

[snip]
I have a later readline
installed under /usr/local, but readline's extconf.rb doesn't see it.

I did try adding the correct path to $CPPFLAGS and $LDFLAGS in
extconf.rb, but that didn't seem to have any effect.

You'll probably need

../configure --with-readline-dir=/usr/local

or --with-readline-include=/usr/local/include/ and
--with-readline-include=/usr/local/lib/ (taking some guess at your actual
paths here, which may be utterly wrong).

hth,
Kero.

Dan Debertin

Kero van Gelder said:
You'll probably need

./configure --with-readline-dir=/usr/local

If it were as simple as that, I wouldn't have mentioned it. But there
is no such flag to ruby's configure. I did try it, though, to no
effect.

Dan

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "Re: ruby 1.8.0 preview7"

|I'd actually like to mirror the whole the distribution tree on a server I have
|in New York. Is there a central rsync? Or should I just an rsync on the
|'Download' page?

I am no longer primary site maintainer.
Ask at <[email protected]> for detail if you want to mirror.
IIRC, they provide rsync too.

matz.

Kero van Gelder

You'll probably need
If it were as simple as that, I wouldn't have mentioned it. But there
is no such flag to ruby's configure. I did try it, though, to no
effect.

Did you throw away ext/readline/Makefile before running configure?
Otherwise I don't think ext/extconf.rb is ever ran...

bye,
Kero.