[ANN] Ruby Logo Contest

Shugo Maeda

Hi,

Ruby Visual Identity Team (<URL:http://rubyidentity.org/>) did great
works to
improve the online presence of Ruby, and as a result, the Ruby logo kit (
<URL:http://rubyidentity.org/ruby-logo-kit.zip>) is avaiable now. But
it's not
well known as a logo that represent the programming language Ruby itself.

We need an official Ruby logo to promote Ruby, so we open a contest to
select
it.

<URL:http://www.ruby-assn.org/logo-contest.html.en>

Requirements

* it must be easily recognizable as the Ruby logo
* it must look good in low resolution and in grayscale
* works both with and without text `Ruby' (can be ignored if the text
`Ruby'
is part of the logo)
* you may use the Ruby logo kit (<URL:http://rubyidentity.org/
ruby-logo-kit.zip>)

How to submit

Please mail your logo to ruby-logo(at)ruby-lang.org. You should include the
following information to it.

* your full name
* your e-mail address

Entries should be submitted in both a vector and raster format.

acceptable vector formats
+ Encupsulated PostScript (*.eps)
+ Adobe Illustrator (*.ai)
acceptable raster formats (no larger than 200 x 200 pixels)
+ Portable Network Graphics (*.png)
+ Graphics Interchange Format (*.gif)
+ Joint Photographic Experts Group (*.jpg)

Fonts should be embedded into the image file. If you want to create
images in
other formats, please contact ruby-logo(at)ruby-assn.org.

Deadline

Mon Oct 01 00:00:00 UTC 2007

Winner Selection

Yukihiro "Matz" Matsumoto (the chairman of the Ruby Association) will select
the winner.

Awards

We will present a winner plate and 100,000 yen to the winner.

Copyright

The winner should assign the copyright of the logo to the Ruby
Association. The
logo will be licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike
license (
<URL:http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/>).

John Joyce

[...]

How many times can we enter per person?

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

John Joyce

* Shugo Maeda:

To mention this: 100 000 JPY is about 630 EUR or about 860 USD.
It's even more if you have an account in Japan and can spend it there!
It's a very nice amount!

Rob Biedenharn

I send an email with the images to that email direccion and the
email is
rejected, this is the messaje:

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 13): 550 <[email protected]>:
Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

why?

The web page version of the contest info contains:
Note the domain is ruby-assn.org

Perhaps you can retry?

-Rob

P.S. I have nothing to do with the contest, I was just curious.

(e-mail address removed)

Shugo Maeda

Hi,

Please mail your logo to ruby-logo(at)ruby-lang.org. You should include the
following information to it.

Sorry, it was a wrong address. The correct address is
ruby-logo(at)ruby-assn.org (not ruby-lang.org).

Shugo

Carly Columbus

Just wondering whether anyone had heard more about the contest. Was a
winner chosen?