[ANN] Ruby Reports 0.7.0

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Gregory Brown, Dec 25, 2006.

  1. Ruby Reports 0.7.0 : The St. Nick Edition

    Ruport now has a brand new formatting system, some massive cleanup in
    the internals, and merry chunky bacon for all!

    == What is Ruby Reports? ==

    Ruport is a framework specialized for business reporting. It provides
    a custom toolkit that has features such as database interaction, data
    manipulation, extensible formatting, and flexible report generation.

    Ruby Reports makes reporting less painful by providing a simple and
    consistent way of developing your applications. This lets you focus on
    your task without undue friction.

    == Installation ==

    sudo gem install ruport -y

    Detailed instructions here: http://ruport.infogami.com/Installation

    == New To Ruport? ==

    Please see our not-yet-complete getting started guide:
    http://ruport.infogami.com/Getting_Started_With_Ruport

    == Resources ==

    Links to our mailing list, developer wiki, some basic examples, and
    other resources can be found on our project homepage:
    http://ruport.infogami.com

    == Changelog ==

    changes since 0.6.1

    - The formatting system has been replaced with a new approach which is hopefully
    more flexible and simple. Many of the plugins have gained some new features.

    - All of the legacy formatting tools in format.rb have been removed.
    (Namely, Text Filters)

    - rope is now implemented via Ruport::Generator, which can be customized to
    build your own code generation tools for Ruport.

    - Several simplifications have been made to the Report DSL. (Now has
    erb/textile methods and other feature enhancements)

    - Constructor for Data::Table added to Kernel for convenience. [ Table() ]

    - Invoice engine removed. Will be re-released as an extension soon.
    See the Ruport mailing list for a temporary solution

    == Project News ==

    We've put together a project roadmap which we'll update as things progress:
    http://stonecode.svnrepository.com/ruport/trac.cgi/wiki/ProjectRoadmap

    This is helpful if you want to see the 'big picture' of where Ruport is headed.

    == Acknowledgments ==

    Thank you to Stefan Mahlitz and llasram for the patches!

    Gregory Brown, Dec 25, 2006