[Ann] RueDoc: rdoc-hacks 0.1 and a frameless template

ES

OK, reasonably stable now, lots of work to be done still.
I was even able to (mostly) generate docs for Ruby 1.9.

Anyway, consider this a 'technology preview' release.
It comes in two distinct parts all in all:

rdoc-hacks simply allows a user to override RDoc's default
behaviour of writing to a template. It expects a
block to which it yields the data RDoc has generated
in plain Ruby data structures. The user is then
free to do whatever they please with that data.

rue.rb is a template for RDoc. Its 'special' features are
the prominent lack of frames: everything is done with
JavaScript instead. It also uses XMLHttpRequest for
retrieving data so it does not have to kept in one
monolithic file. Valid XHTML 1.1 and CSS is produced,
and 508 and WAI validators pass as well.

This release seems to have the severe problem of displaying a
blank page in both IE and Opera. Ideas welcome :)

The old warnings apply: No browser back button.
Still red.
C extension method name problems.

Examples:
http://www.magical-cat.org/projects/ruedoc/examples/ruby-1.9/
http://www.magical-cat.org/projects/ruedoc/examples/oughtve/

Documentation:
http://www.magical-cat.org/projects/ruedoc/rdoc

Download:
http://www.magical-cat.org/projects/ruedoc/downloads/ruedoc-0.1.tar.bz2
http://www.magical-cat.org/projects/ruedoc/downloads/ruedoc-0.1.tar.gz

James Britt

ES said:
OK, reasonably stable now, lots of work to be done still.
I was even able to (mostly) generate docs for Ruby 1.9.

Anyway, consider this a 'technology preview' release.
It comes in two distinct parts all in all:

Sweet! This looks super bad.

You may have saved me a whole bunch of work, for which I am quite grateful.

James