[ANN] Snakelets 1.41 and Frog 1.6

Irmen de Jong

I'm happy to announce the release of Snakelets 1.41 and
at the same time Frog 1.6.

Snakelets is a Python web application server. This project provides a threaded web
server, Ypages (HTML+Python language, similar to Java's JSPs) and Snakelets:
code-centric page request handlers (similar to Java's Servlets).

Frog is a Blog server application written for Snakelets. It is small but has many
features, such as BBcode markup, XHTML+CSS page output, multiple users, no database
required, anti-spam measures, email notification, Smileys, RSS feeds, and more.

Please find more info on both projects here:
http://snakelets.sourceforge.net/

Download:

The detailed release notes have been added to the version section.

Have fun!

--Irmen de Jong

thinfrog

It's very interesting, i'm glad to try.

And it can access data by MYSQL/SQL or other database software?

Irmen de Jong

thinfrog said:
It's very interesting, i'm glad to try.

And it can access data by MYSQL/SQL or other database software?

"it" meaning Snakelets, I assume.
(because Frog, the blog server, doesn't use any database for storage)

Snakelets does not contain ANY database connector.
You can therefore use any database you like, but you have
to write your own database access connector.
Which can be a bit troublesome because you have to make
it work in a multi-user multi-thread environment.

I plan to add a few examples to Snakelets that show how
a database connection could be made (for mysql and/or sqlite
perhaps, to name a few) but for now, no example code is
available, sorry.

--Irmen

Irmen de Jong

....darn, some users have reported that a strange problem
occurs when running Snakelets 1.41 on Python 2.3.x
(Python 2.4 is fine!)

It seems that there is a bug in older versions of
inspect.getmodule() and that bug causes Snakelets to stop
working correctly on Python 2.3.x

If you experience this bug (you can see it in the server.log
"arg is not a module, class, method, function, traceback, frame,
or code object") please upgrade to Python 2.4.1 if possible.

In the meantime I will try to make a workaround so that Snakelets
will work again on older Python versions.

Sorry for the trouble,

--Irmen.