[ANN] sqlite 0.8.3

Discussion in 'Python' started by sandro, Nov 11, 2008.

  1. sandro

    sandro Guest

    ANNOUNCE: sqlkit 0.8.3

    November, 10 2008

    I'm happy to announce release 0.8.3 of sqlkit package for python - the first
    public release.

    http://sqlkit.argolinux.org/

    The package
    -----------
    SQLkit PyGtk package provides Mask and Table widgets to edit database
    data. It's meant as a base for database desktop applications.

    The application
    ---------------
    It also provides 'sqledit' a PyGTK application based on sqlkit that can be
    used from command line to browse and edit data.

    The package has 2 very rich demo suites for sql widgets (the main one in
    sqlkit/demo/sql/demo.py) and for layout creation

    Main features of sqlkit:
    ------------------------

    * editor of databases in 2 modes: table & mask
    * based on sqlalchemy: can cope with many different databases
    * very powerfull filtering capabilities:
    - each field can be used to filter records
    - filter may span relationship
    - date filtering possible also on relative basis (good for saved
    queries)
    * completion on all text field and foreign keys
    * very easy way to draw a layout for mask views
    * completely effortless editing of relationships
    * very easy way to set defaults
    * possibility to display totals of numeric fields
    * any possible sql constraint can be attached to a Mask or a
    Table. It can be expressed a s a normal sqlalchemy query or with
    django-like syntax
    * sqledit: python script to edit db

    Sqlkit is based on:
    -------------------
    * python (>= 2.4)
    * PyGtk
    * Sqlalchemy (>= 0.5)
    * glade
    * dateutils

    Dowload & more:
    ---------------

    * http://docs.argolinux.org/sqlkit/sqlkit/download.html
    * hg clone http://hg.argolinux.org/py/sqlkit
    * google group: http://groups.google.it/group/sqlkit/
    * License: GNU GPL

    sandro, Nov 11, 2008

  2. * sandro (Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:42:00 GMT)
    > ANNOUNCE: sqlkit 0.8.3
    >
    > November, 10 2008
    >
    > I'm happy to announce release 0.8.3 of sqlkit package for python - the
    > first public release.

    Are you aware that you announced "sqlite 0.8.3" in the subject??!!

    Thorsten

    Thorsten Kampe, Nov 11, 2008

  3. sandro

    sandro Guest

    Re: [ANN] SQLkit 0.8.3.2

    Thorsten Kampe wrote:

    >> I'm happy to announce release 0.8.3 of sqlkit package for python - the
    >> first public release.

    > Are you aware that you announced "sqlite 0.8.3" in the subject??!!

    Ops, I wasn't aware, just too tired... thanks for telling.

    Anyhow, since I had some problems in the demo I packaged a new
    release...

    ANNOUNCE: sqlkit 0.8.3.2

    November, 12 2008

    * http://sqlkit.argolinux.org/sqlkit/download.html