[ANN] SwitchTower 0.10.0

Jamis Buck

SwitchTower is a utility that can execute commands in parallel on
multiple servers. It allows you to define tasks, which can include
commands that are executed on the servers. You can also define roles
for your servers, and then specify that certain tasks apply only to
certain roles. It was developed primarily to ease the pain of
deploying Rails applications to multiple machines, but can be used
for a great deal more than that.

SwitchTower 0.10.0 fixes several longstanding issues and adds some
nice new functionality. I anticipate one (or at most two) more
releases before 1.0.

Project: http://rubyforge.org/projects/switchtower
Manual: http://manuals.rubyonrails.com/read/book/17

Installation is simple:

gem install --include-dependencies switchtower

You can get the whole scoop on what's new in the change log (http://
rubyforge.org/frs/shownotes.php?release_id=3930) or in the
announcement at either http://weblog.rubyonrails.com/articles/
2006/01/02/switchtower-0-10-0 or http://jamis.jamisbuck.org/articles/
2006/01/02/switchtower-0-10-0.

- Jamis