[ANN] Text::Reform 0.2

Kaspar Schiess

Proud to announce the first release (0.2) of Text::Reform.

Text::Reform is a port of the Perl Text/Reform library. The original
port is done by me, Austin Ziegler has helped me getting the release
ready thereby avoiding public disgrace. This is why he gets public
thanks.

Version number will bump up to 1.0 once I judge the interface and
the code to be beautiful Ruby, right now it's just another port.

What does it do ?
-----------------

Reform#format takes a series of format (or "picture") strings followed
by replacement values, interpolates those values into each picture
string, and returns the result.

In examples:
# numbers...
r.format("]]]].[[", "1234\n123")

#> 1234.0
#> 123.0

# strings...
r.format("[[[[[[[[[[[[[[", "The Newton-Raphson methodology")

#> The Newton-Ra-
#> phson methodo-
#> logy

# and combinations:
text = "A big long piece of text to be formatted exquisitely"
count = 1
output = ''
output << r.format(" |||| <<<<<<<<<< ", count, text)
output << r.format(" ---------------- ",
" ^^^^ ]]]]]]]]]]| ", count+11, text)

#> 1 A big long
#> ----------------
#> 12 piece of|
#> text to be|
#> formatted|
#> exquisite-|
#> ly|

Where can I get it ?
--------------------

As a gem:

gem install text-reform

Or as a source tar.gz:

http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=294

What can I do for you ?
needs with us.

Enjoy !

kaspar
on behalf of the Text Formatting project team

www.tua.ch/ruby