[ANN] tumblr-0.0.1

ara.t.howard

NAME
tumblr

SYNOPSIS
tumblr (setup|write|read|authenticate|check-vimeo|check-audio)
[options]+

DESCRIPTION
tumblr.rb is a command line utility and library which interfaces
to the
excellent tumblr blogging platform @ http://www.tumblr.com

tumblr.rb implements the complete restful api in both library and
command line utility, doccumented in full @ http://www.tumblr.com/api

=== install ===

gem install tumblr

=== cli ===

the cli exactly mirrors the library api. arguments are passed
to each
method as 'key=val' pairs, values may be read from files using the
syntax 'key=file=val' or 'key==val'

you should first cache your login info to avoid having to pass
it everytime

cfp: ~> tumblr setup --email=my_email --password=my_password --
name=drawohara
/Users/ahoward/.tumblr.yml

you can post

cfp: ~> tumblr write regular title=testing body=rock_on

you can post from files

cfp: ~> tumblr write regular title=slurp body==./post.html

you can read

cfp: ~> tumblr read start=42 num=42

you can test the auth

cfp: ~> tumblr authenticate

etc.

=== api ===

it's pretty simple. here's a start, use the web docs to figure
out the
rest

config = {
:email => my_email,
:password => my_password,
:name => 'drawohara'
}

tumblr = Tumblr.for config

abort unless tumblr.uri == 'http://drawohara.tumblr.com'

response = tumblr.write :regular, :title = title, :body => body

video = open 'video.mpg'
response = tumblr.write :video, :data => video, :title =>
video.path

response = tumblr.read :start => 42, :num => 42
xml = response.content

response = tumblr.read :start => 42, :num => 42, :json => true
json = response.content

PARAMETERS
--name=name, -n (1 ~> name)
--email=email, -e (1 ~> email)