[Ann] UIHierarchy, AWT/Swing containment hierarchy helper library

Christopher Deckers

Hi all,

Here is the first announcement of UIHierarchy, the AWT/Swing containement
hierarchy helper.

* What is UIHierarchy:
The UIHierarchy library aims at simplifying the development of user
interfaces made in AWT or Swing.
It simplifies code syntax to match the mental picture of containement
hierarchy, which makes it easier to develop and maintain small to complex
user interfaces.
License terms are Sun Public License 1.0.

* Project pages:
The homepage is: http://chrriis.brainlex.com/projects/uihierarchy.
The SourceForge project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/uihierarchy.
The Proposed dowloads are:
- UIHierarchy.zip: contains the library "UIHierarchy.jar"
- UIHierarchySrc.zip: contains the sources of the library, and the javadoc.
You probably need the NanoXml parser to compile the XML helper class.

* Documentation:
Some documentation is available in the project homepage, along with
examples.

* Some features, up to now:
- Really small library.
- Ease of use, with several possible ways to use it.
- Implicit declaration of some common components, which even simplifies more
the code.
- Flexibility to add some custom layouts.
- Possibility to declare the hierarchy in an XML document (using the small
NanoXML parser)

Please let me know what you think, and potential improvements. Feedback is
needed!

Have fun!
-Christopher
(e-mail address removed)