[ANN] Uttk 0.3 is released!

Nicolas Desprès

Hi there,

We are proud to announce that the version 0.3 of Uttk, aka KID, is
available on-line on Rubyforge
(http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=3D621). This release comes with the
version 0.5 of core_ex and 0.4 of ruby_ex.

Many features have been added since the last release in latest June
(see the NEWS file included in the tarball for further details).

Installation instructions are available here: http://uttk.org/download
Documentation and tutorials can be reached at: http://uttk.org/documentatio=

As always feedback and contributions are welcome.

E. Saynatkari

(http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=621). This release comes with the
version 0.5 of core_ex and 0.4 of ruby_ex.

Many features have been added since the last release in latest June
(see the NEWS file included in the tarball for further details).

Installation instructions are available here: http://uttk.org/download
Documentation and tutorials can be reached at:
http://uttk.org/documentation

As always feedback and contributions are welcome.

Could you briefly describe what Uttk is? :)

Nicolas Desprès

On Sunday 26 February 2006 14:38, Nicolas Despr=E8s wrote:
| Hi there,
|
| We are proud to announce that the version 0.3 of Uttk, aka KID, is
| available on-line on Rubyforge
| (http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=3D621). This release comes with the
| version 0.5 of core_ex and 0.4 of ruby_ex.

When sending emails like this, please give a summary of what the project = is
for those who have no idea....

Yes, you're right. Actually, I copy-paste the Rubyforge news...

Uttk (Unified Test Tool Kit) is a unified and extensible framework for
dynamic testing. It is designed to support any test strategy. By test
strategy, I mean the way you test your program. Typically, a strategy
is the script you commonly write to automatically test your program.
With Uttk, we try to solve the problem of always rewritting a test
script from scratch for testing a new program. We want to unify all
these scripts within a common framework in order to maximize their
reusability. Thus, we hope to minimize the time needed to write such
scripts and also to ease the way, we add test to our test suites. By
doing so, We also hope to minimize the number of bugs in those
scripts, because they are not tested. Uttk is bootstraped so you can
test a test strategy.
We use a hierarchy of strategy classes in order to factorize common
features, such as timeout. Thus, when someone need a specific
strategy, he can simply write a new strategy that inherit from another
one in the hierarchy. Thus he saves a lot of time and win a lot of
features for free.

The main strategy currently available is the Cmd strategy which allow
to test command line program. Here an example of a test suite which
test whether the bc program works fine:

---
Test whether bc works fine: !S::Cmd
command: bc
input: "42*42\n"
output: |
1764
error: ""
exit: 0

This test suite is written in YAML, but you may also write it using Ruby.
The output of Uttk may be in YAML, XML or HTML.

The tutorial, http://wiki.feydakins.org/uttk, gives further details
about how to use the Cmd strategy.

I'll be glad to answer to all your questions.

Best regards,