[ANN] win32-file 0.1.0

Daniel Berger

Hi all,

I am happy to announce the release of win32-file
0.1.0. This package provides additional methods for
the File class specific to the Win32 platform, mostly
related to file/directory attribute information.

Synopsis
========
require "win32/file"

some_file = "C:\\Documents and
Settings\\some_user\\fruitylicious.txt"

Win32::File.attributes(some_file) # e.g.
['hidden','archive']
Win32::File.short_path(some_file) # "fruity~1.txt"

Win32::File.hidden?(some_file) # true or false
Win32::File.archive?(some_file) # true or false

There are no methods for file security yet. A
File::Security subclass will be added in a future
release.

For more information please visit
http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils/. Also
available on the RAA.

Enjoy!

Dan

Gavin Sinclair

Hi all,
I am happy to announce the release of win32-file
0.1.0. This package provides additional methods for
the File class specific to the Win32 platform, mostly
related to file/directory attribute information.

Good work.
Synopsis
========
require "win32/file"

some_file = "C:\\Documents and
Settings\\some_user\\fruitylicious.txt"

Win32::File.attributes(some_file) # e.g. ['hidden','archive']

Why not use symbols instead?
Win32::File.short_path(some_file) # "fruity~1.txt"

*shudder* :)

Cheers,
Gavin