[ANN] win32-sound 0.1.0

Daniel Berger

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the release of win32-sound 0.1.0

What is it?
===========
A simple interface for playing sounds on the Win32 platform. It is
based largely on the Perl and Python Win32 sound modules.

Where is it?
============
On the RAA or the project page at
http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils/

Synopsis
========
require "win32/sound"
include Win32

wav = "c:\\windows\\media\\chimes.wav"

# Play 'chimes' sound once
Sound.play(wav)

# Play 'chimes' sound in a loop for 3 seconds"
Sound.play(wav,Sound::ASYNC|Sound::LOOP)
sleep 3
Sound.stop

# Beep for 2 seconds at 500 Hz
Sound.beep(500,2000)

Enjoy!

The Win32 Utils Team

Charles Comstock

Daniel said:
[...]

Sounds good, speaking of sound I know linux sound has always been a bit
mixed up with a bunch of competing libraries. I wonder how difficult it
would be to have a sound api for ruby that sat ontop of either platform
and whatever library was available. It might not be the most used
library but it would certainly be nice.

Charles Comstock

gabriele renzi

il Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:53:43 -0600, Charles Comstock
Sounds good, speaking of sound I know linux sound has always been a bit
mixed up with a bunch of competing libraries. I wonder how difficult it
would be to have a sound api for ruby that sat ontop of either platform
and whatever library was available. It might not be the most used
library but it would certainly be nice.

ruby/sdl works fine for this