[ANN] windows-pr 0.1.0

Daniel Berger

Hi all,

The Win32Utils team is happy to announce the release of windows-pr
0.1.0.

What is it?
===========
The windows-pr package, for which 'pr' just means 'Pure Ruby', is a
series of predefined methods and constants using the Win32API package.

Where is it?
============
It's available on the RAA and Rubyforge. A gem is also available.
Just do 'gem install windows-pr'.

What's the point?
=================
I was tired of redefining common Windows API functions and constants
every time I wanted to use them for various other libraries. So,
instead of having to define all of the various Path* functions, for
example, you can simply do this:

require 'windows/path'
class Foo
include Windows::path
end

And then, within Foo, you can call PathIsRoot, PathisRelative, etc.
I've created wrapper methods, so there's no need for you to even use
Win32API#call. Just call 'PathIsRoot("C:\\")' , for example.

Did you define *all* the Windows API?
Heck no. I defined the ones I needed for the Win32Utils packages
mainly. Take a look at the included modules to see what functions I've
defined already. However, adding new constants & methods is easy and I
take requests. :)

Enjoy!

The Win32Utils Team