ANN: yappi 0.1 beta : Yet Another Python Profiler

Discussion in 'Python' started by k3xji, Oct 10, 2009.

  1. k3xji

    k3xji Guest

    Hi all,

    After implementing a game server on which 100k people playing games
    per-day, it turns out to be that continuous and efficient profiling is
    key to improve an long-running applications like these. With this idea
    in mind, I am motivated to write a profiler. I am not a Python expert
    or even close to it but thanks to the ease of language and C API, I
    can come up with a source code profiler with multithreading support.
    Thanks for all the people here for answering my silly questions.

    I have tested the profiler in our game server for about 3 days without
    any issues but please use it at your own risk and note that this is
    still beta. Expect silly errors and if possible, help me to fix
    them:)

    Get more information: (thanks to Google Code)
    http://code.google.com/p/yappi/

    Download:
    http://code.google.com/p/yappi/downloads/list

    Not to mention any comment/idea/curse is welcome.

    Sumer Cip
    k3xji, Oct 10, 2009