[ANN]: yappi v0.2 beta

Discussion in 'Python' started by Oktaka Com, Oct 27, 2009.

  1. Oktaka Com

    Oktaka Com Guest

    Hi,

    yappi(Yet Another Python Profiler) is a C extension that have
    multithreading profiling capability. Profiler can be started from any
    thread at any time. All threads in the attached interpreter will be
    profiled.

    Changes:
    - 8 multithreading related issues/bugs are fixed.
    - 1 memory leak(reference leak) bug fixed.
    - add a get_stats() function to retrieve statictics as a list. Sorting
    order and sorting column and result limit can be adjusted via this new
    function.
    - static pool and list can be adjusted at compile time.
    - Robustness: Memory Allocation/OS/Python VM related error(s) should
    be propagated to the application,
    profiler should be as transparent as possible.

    Misc:
    - Documentation and API is still on its way... See the usage in the
    web page or read the yappi.py file in the release. Names are self
    explanatory.
    - Testing of the profiler on a game server for about one month is
    completed.

    Sumer Cip
    Oktaka Com, Oct 27, 2009

  2. Oktaka Com

    Oktaka Com Guest

    Re: : yappi v0.2 beta

    On Oct 27, 3:51 pm, Oktaka Com <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > yappi(Yet Another Python Profiler) is a C extension that have
    > multithreading profiling capability. Profiler can be started from any
    > thread at any time. All threads in the attached interpreter will be
    > profiled.
    >
    > Changes:
    > - 8 multithreading related issues/bugs are fixed.
    > - 1 memory leak(reference leak) bug fixed.
    > - add a get_stats() function to retrieve statictics as a list. Sorting
    > order and sorting column and result limit can be adjusted via this new
    > function.
    > - static pool and list can be adjusted at compile time.
    > - Robustness: Memory Allocation/OS/Python VM related error(s) should
    > be propagated to the application,
    >   profiler should be as transparent as possible.
    >
    > Misc:
    > - Documentation and API is still on its way... See the usage in the
    > web page or read the yappi.py file in the release. Names are self
    > explanatory.
    > - Testing of the profiler on a game server for about one month is
    > completed.
    >
    > Sumer Cip

    Forgot to give the project web page:) Here it is:

    http://code.google.com/p/yappi/

    Sumer Cip
    Oktaka Com, Oct 27, 2009

  3. Oktaka Com

    Aahz Guest

    Re: : yappi v0.2 beta

    In article <>,
    Oktaka Com <> wrote:

    >Forgot to give the project web page:) Here it is:
    >
    >http://code.google.com/p/yappi/

    Looks interesting, but I think I'll wait until the docs are a bit more
    mature.
    --
    Aahz () <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

    "You could make Eskimos emigrate to the Sahara by vigorously arguing --
    at hundreds of screens' length -- for the wonder, beauty, and utility of
    snow." --PNH to rb in r.a.sf.f
    Aahz, Oct 29, 2009