[ANN] zena 0.15.0 gem release

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Gaspard Bucher, Oct 16, 2009.

  1. First public release for zena, the CMS with super natural powers !

    zena is a Ruby on Rails CMS with a focus on usability, ease of
    customization and web 2.0 goodness.

    More information on this release: http://bit.ly/1CR0lW

    Please note that this release is not a 1.0 (end of beta) because we are
    going to make some heavy changes to the templating language (zafu).

    Gaspard

    ---------------
    Changelog:

    * 5 major enhancements:
    * running rails 2.3.4
    * installable as gem without RMagick
    * usable as gem with config.gem
    * supports sqlite3
    * 'zena' command to create app

    * 3 minor enhancemnts:
    * huge speed improvement in version loading
    * massive code cleanup
    * better team workflow (reworked access rights)

    Gaspard Bucher, Oct 16, 2009

  2. Gaspard Bucher

    Greg Donald Guest

    On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Gaspard Bucher <> wrote:
    > First public release for zena, the CMS with super natural powers !
    >
    > zena is a Ruby on Rails CMS with a focus on usability, ease of
    > customization and web 2.0 goodness.
    >
    > More information on this release: http://bit.ly/1CR0lW

    You're not gonna announce every single minor release on this list are
    you? Didn't you just announce this yesterday?

    --
    Greg Donald
    http://destiney.com/

    Greg Donald, Oct 16, 2009

  3. On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Greg Donald <> wrote:
    > On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Gaspard Bucher <> wrote:
    >> First public release for zena, the CMS with super natural powers !
    >>
    >> zena is a Ruby on Rails CMS with a focus on usability, ease of
    >> customization and web 2.0 goodness.
    >>
    >> More information on this release: http://bit.ly/1CR0lW

    > You're not gonna announce every single minor release on this list are
    > you? =C2=A0Didn't you just announce this yesterday?

    You might remember wrong, there are no announcements in my inbox about
    zena for the last year.
    The last one I have is: http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/167502

    > --
    > Greg Donald
    > http://destiney.com/

    --=20
    Michael Fellinger

    Michael Fellinger, Oct 16, 2009
  4. Michael Fellinger wrote:
    > On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Greg Donald <> wrote:
    >> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Gaspard Bucher <> wrote:
    >>> First public release for zena, the CMS with super natural powers !
    >>>
    >>> zena is a Ruby on Rails CMS with a focus on usability, ease of
    >>> customization and web 2.0 goodness.
    >>>
    >>> More information on this release: http://bit.ly/1CR0lW

    >> You're not gonna announce every single minor release on this list are
    >> you? Didn't you just announce this yesterday?

    > You might remember wrong, there are no announcements in my inbox about
    > zena for the last year.
    > The last one I have is: http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/167502

    DOH!!!!

    --