ANNOUNCEMENT - WebSphere User Group (UK) - 22nd Feb 2005 at IBM Bedfont Lakes (near London Heathrow)

junk1

For more info and registration ==> http://www.websphereusergroup.org.uk

We are please to announce that the next WebSphere User Group (UK) will
be taking place on the 22nd February 2005 at IBM Bedfont Lakes, near
London Heathrow. There will be no charge for this event.

We will be running 7-8 streams on the day with 4 x 1 hour sessions
within each. As such, there's likely to be many sessions of interest to
your organisation, so please ensure you've enough attendees to get the
maximum benefit from this opportunity.

The schedule for the day is as follows:-

09:00-09:30 Registration & Coffee
09:30-10:00 Intro / News
10:00-11:00 Session1
11:00-11:30 Coffee Break
11:30-12:30 Session2
12:30-13:30 Lunch
13:30-14:30 Session3
14:30-15:00 Coffee Break
15:00-16:00 Session4
16:00-16:30 Meet The Experts Q&A / Wrap-up
16:30-18:00 Post-Event Free bar

The provisional streams/sessions/speakers are as follows:-

PORTAL SIG
WPS Performance Best Practices & Considerations (David Pearson, IBM)
WebSphere Process Choreographer & Portal Server (Alan Chambers, IBM)
IBM Portal Intranet W3 - a Reference story (Mark Ketterman, IBM)
Pro's & Con's of WPS Virtual Portals (Brian Cuttell, IBM)

WAS UPDATE INCLUDING v6
WAS for iSeries Update - including v6 (Bruce Wassell, IBM)
WASv6 & Beyond (Peter Smith, IBM)
WAS/XD Overview (Matt Perrins, IBM)
Migration to WASv6 (Jonathon Marshall, IBM)

BEST PRACTICE & EXPERIENCES - J2EE & WAS
Top 15 J2EE/WebSphere Best Practices (Kyle Brown, IBM)
JSF Best Practices (Dave Artus, IBM)
Patterns for E-Business [P4EB] Update - (Paul Verschueren, IBM)
Build & Deploy Best Practice (7irene)

BEST PRACTICE & EXPERIENCES - SOA & WEB SERVICES
SOA Best Practices (7irene)
SOA Governance - real experiences (Anton Fricko, IBM)
BPEL early experiences using WebSphere (Mark Tomlinson, IBM)
Top 15 Web Services Best Practices (Kyle Brown, IBM)

NEW TECHNOLOGY & EVOLVING STANDARDS
Service Integration Bus in WASv6 - JMS & Web Services (Phil Coxhead,
IBM)
Eclipse Based Workplace Client Technology (Matt Perrins, IBM)
Re-intro to Aspect Oriented Programming - AOP (Adrian Colyer, IBM)
WebSphere View of Autonomic Computing (IBM speaker)

ARCHITECTURE FOCUS INCLUDING v6
zAAP Overview + WAS for zOS v6 Preview (Fernando Nogal, IBM)
DynaCache for v5 & Beyond (Cameron Martin, IBM)
JSR-107 - Scalability & Performance Using JCache Clustered Caching
(Tangosol)
WebSphere J2EE Transactions Overview (IBM speaker)

PROCESS, METHODOLOGY & TOOLS
RUP for Successful J2EE Projects (Peter Eeles, IBM)
Rational Atlantic Overview (Peter Eeles, IBM)
Intro to Agile Methods Part1 - Overview (Sean Hanly, Exoftware)
Intro to Agile Methods Part2 - Practical (Sean Hanly, Exoftware)

MANAGEMENT OVERVIEWS & CONSIDERATIONS
WebSphere & J2EE Demystified Part1 (Jeff Leaver, Salmon)
WebSphere & J2EE Demystified Part2 (Jeff Leaver, Salmon)
Guide to Effective Partnering with IBM Software (Kevin Kelly, IBM)
Organisational Considerations for J2EE Adoption (Wayne Tomlinson, IBM)

The vendor exhibition will include the following:-

Adobe
Bowstreet/NetInfo
CSI Ltd
Open Logic
REAL Solutions
Salmon
7irene
Strategic Thought
Tangosol
Verhoef-Training
Wily Technology

....for more information and registration please see our website.

http://www.websphereusergroup.org.uk

We look forward to meeting you!

David Bevan
http://www.davidbevan.co.uk