Another basic newbie question: How to get the empty EmptyDataTemplate to act like the InsertItemTem

kbutterly

Good morning!

I am a newbie at ASP.net, but I am an experienced Web Developer. As
usual, I am having a hard time dealing with all the 'helpful' stuff
that ASP.net does.

So, I have a DataSourceObject, and I have a FormView.

Right now there is no data in the table. I want to use the
InsertItemTemplate code for the EmptyDataTemplate. However, when I
copy the code from the InsertItemTemplate code block into the
EmptyDataTemplate code block, I get an error that says I cannot insert
unless I am in Insert mode.

Again, I must be missing something really obvious... This is a pretty
basic situation, an empty table into which you want to insert data.

Any help, references, resources would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kathryn

kbutterly

Answered this one myself.

i just copied the asp.linkbutton for New from the insertitemtemplate
into the emptydatatemplate

kathryn