    Windows XP machine to post my questions. How do I get to this forum in
    another way? Thanks.

    David

    DavidC, Jan 7, 2010

  2. Alexey Smirnov, Jan 7, 2010

  3. On Jan 7, 2:55 pm, Alexey Smirnov <> wrote:
    > On Jan 7, 2:46 pm, "DavidC" <> wrote:
    >
    > > I just got a new computer with Windows 7 and I no longer have Outlook
    > > Express to access this and other newsgroup forums.  I have to go to a
    > > Windows XP machine to post my questions.  How do I get to this forum in
    > > another way?  Thanks.

    > > David

    > http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...roup/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

    You can also check if Windows Live Mail (desktop client) has support
    of newsgroups like it was in Express. You can install it together with
    MSN Messenger, Gallery and other tools from live.com

    Alexey Smirnov, Jan 7, 2010
  4. On Jan 7, 3:06 pm, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in message

    > > You can also check if Windows Live Mail (desktop client) has support
    > > of newsgroups like it was in Express.

    > It does, but it's horrible...
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    ok good to know

    I personally prefer to use google groups. It's not 100% perfect, but
    has some nice features that might make it more likable than Outlook
    Express

    Alexey Smirnov, Jan 7, 2010
  5. DavidC

    Guest

    DavidC escribió:
    > I just got a new computer with Windows 7 and I no longer have Outlook
    > Express to access this and other newsgroup forums. I have to go to a
    > Windows XP machine to post my questions. How do I get to this forum in
    > another way? Thanks.
    >
    > David

    Well, I installed Thunderbird, then you have to add a new account,
    select "news server" type, and the news server name is news.microsoft.com

    Regards,

    , Jan 7, 2010
  6. "DavidC" <> wrote in news:eAxTXA6jKHA.4772
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > I just got a new computer with Windows 7 and I no longer have Outlook
    > Express to access this and other newsgroup forums. I have to go to a
    > Windows XP machine to post my questions. How do I get to this forum in
    > another way? Thanks.

    Others have covered the forum connection bits, so I am just adding to this
    thread.

    If you like the Outlook Express method, go to download.live.com and
    download Windows Live Mail. It will look very familiar to you.

    There are other clients out there. I use XNews myself.

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

    Twitter: @gbworld

    | Think outside the box! |

    Gregory A. Beamer, Jan 7, 2010
  7. DavidC

    Guest

    XNews! I used to use XNews to access to a blues newsgroup, where anybody
    was able to download a lot of blues CDs per day =)...
    Unfortunately that newsgroup became "pay per use", that was long time ago...

    Regards,
    Marcelo.
    Gregory A. Beamer escribió:
    > "DavidC" <> wrote in news:eAxTXA6jKHA.4772
    > @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> I just got a new computer with Windows 7 and I no longer have Outlook
    >> Express to access this and other newsgroup forums. I have to go to a
    >> Windows XP machine to post my questions. How do I get to this forum in
    >> another way? Thanks.

    > Others have covered the forum connection bits, so I am just adding to this
    > thread.
    >
    > If you like the Outlook Express method, go to download.live.com and
    > download Windows Live Mail. It will look very familiar to you.
    >
    > There are other clients out there. I use XNews myself.
    >
    > Peace and Grace,

    , Jan 7, 2010
  8. You can also access the newgroup from internet explorer. You don't have to
    use a e-mail client to access the new groups.

    //Tony

    Tony Johansson, Jan 7, 2010
  9. "" <> wrote in

    > XNews! I used to use XNews to access to a blues newsgroup, where
    > anybody was able to download a lot of blues CDs per day =)...
    > Unfortunately that newsgroup became "pay per use", that was long time
    > ago...

    I use it because it is free and threads the conversation. I have found that
    Windows Live Mail can be problematic in certain situations and posts just
    don't show up. Not to discourage anyone who is successfully using Windows
    Live Mail, of course, as it works well for many. It just does not here.
    BTW, I still use Windows Mail for some NNTP points.

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

    Twitter: @gbworld

    | Think outside the box! |

    Gregory A. Beamer, Jan 8, 2010
  10. "Tony Johansson" <> wrote in

    > You can also access the newgroup from internet explorer. You don't
    > have to use a e-mail client to access the new groups.

    That one does not work for me very well, as I have to pay attention to
    follow up, but it is great for people asking questions, if they like the
    Interface. I find Thunderbird a bit easier to use than IE, however.

    I used to love Free Agent, but it is not easy to find any more, as it is
    not a supported product, at least AFAIK.

    XNews is fairly easy to use, although there is a learning curve for IE
    users. There is also binary support, which helps with a few forums I
    participate in, as people sometimes post binaries to show their problems.

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

    Twitter: @gbworld