Any good GUI editors out there?

M.P.

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good (preferably inexpensive) GUI editor out
there for Java, similar to Visual C++, where I can create a GUI and
edit the code-behind without affecting the GUI itself (and vice versa).
I have been using JFrameBuilder - not too impressed - it seems
like once the GUI is created, it is final: I cannot swap back and forth
between code and GUI. I am using Eclipse for coding.

Thanks

MP

ali

Hi there

well since you are using eclipse . you should try its visual editer
ummm initially eclipse will not have its visual editer instulled so you
will have to instull it by downloading some plugeing from eclipse site
or from eclipse update center.

also another good GI|UI editor is provided by the other greate free
IDE (NetBeans) they say lots of things about this one.

moreover there is a greate GUI editor in borland JBuilder but you have
to pay for that one.

for me i am using the one that comes as pluge in in eclipse

Robert Iver

I would check out NetBeans if I were you....

http://www.netbeans.org

It's OpenSource, it's written IN Java, and best of all, it's FREE.

You can also find links to it on Sun's website. It's what I use and I
love it. Everyday I learn another cool "trick" that the IDE does.

Luc The Perverse

M.P. said:
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good (preferably inexpensive) GUI editor out
there for Java, similar to Visual C++, where I can create a GUI and
edit the code-behind without affecting the GUI itself (and vice versa).
I have been using JFrameBuilder - not too impressed - it seems
like once the GUI is created, it is final: I cannot swap back and forth
between code and GUI. I am using Eclipse for coding.

Netbeans

Eddy Young

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good (preferably inexpensive) GUI editor out
there for Java, similar to Visual C++, where I can create a GUI and
edit the code-behind without affecting the GUI itself (and vice versa).
I have been using JFrameBuilder - not too impressed - it seems
like once the GUI is created, it is final: I cannot swap back and forth
between code and GUI. I am using Eclipse for coding.

Thanks

MP

I'll add my vote: NetBeans.

dimitar

http://www.jformdesigner.com/ is a good one.

The code generated is very readable, the GUI builder is easy to work
with and does not require any particular IDE.

Also IntelliJ IDEA's GUI builder is coming up pretty good in the EAP for
the next (6.0) version, but many people I know are wary of IDE lock-in.