Choosing GUI Module for Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dylan Palmboom, Nov 13, 2009.

  1. -----Original Message-----
    From: [mailto:]
    Sent: 13 November 2009 10:06 AM
    Subject: Re: Choosing GUI Module for Python

    Tkinter is deafult on python .
    Is more easy to use any editor text (geany).
    I don?t see a good IDE for GUI
    On Nov 9, 6:49 am, Antony <> wrote:
    > Hi all
    >    I just wanted to know which module is best for developing designing
    > interface in python .
    > i have come across some modules which are listed here . please tell
    > your suggestions and comments to choose best one
    >  1. PyGTK
    >  2. PyQT
    >  3. PySide
    >  4.  wxPython
    >  5 . TKinter
    >
    > Also i need to know is there any IDE for developing these things . . .

    PyQt is an excellent toolkit for us at work. It has nice documentation and
    very easy to learn.
    We use Eclipse IDE at work with the PyDev workspace loaded for the coding.
    Eclipse has nice features for integration with subversion all from one
    place,
    so it makes it more manageable when you have more than 1 person working on a
    project.
    There's only 2 of us here working together, but the subversion integration
    makes
    our lives so much easier.

    We use eclipse for gui design in code or we use Qt Creator which is very
    intuitive to use if you want to design a gui visually. Also, there's a
    python script we use
    called MakePyQt that you can find here: http://www.qtrac.eu/pyqtbook.tar.gz
    to convert the ui files from
    Qt Creator to python files. Then all you need to do is implement these
    generated python
    files in your program and add functionality etc.

    Dylan Palmboom, Nov 13, 2009